Shabbos Dinner Abandon WIP

Artyczar

I don't even know why I'm showing this at such an early stage, especially since I've hardly been working on it and it's a blurry picture. I haven't really been doing art, unfortunately. Feeling like caca lately (for numerous reasons), so I've been mostly sleeping!

This will be something kinda interesting when it's done. I'm still making more weird decisions about it. It's oil on panel and 24 inches square.

shabbos372.jpg

Maybe I will do a little work on it since I'm posting it here. Maybe that will motivate me. :rolleyes:

It looks like a good start, so keep working. It can be great therapy to get engrossed in one's work. I think you are brave to show it at an early stage; I am always reluctant, almost embarrassed, to show anyone any work in progress.

This one is already interesting, even at such an early stage! There is a story to be told and it's nice to see that your colors and patterns will play a part. I'm sorry that not feeling well has drained your energy for art, Ayin. Sleep and rest and the motivation will return. I happened to look at the Painting Perceptions blog yesterday and your work reminds me of the domestic interiors featured by Philip Geiger. He tells stories too.

It does look like it will be interesting from the sketch. Just add to it as you go and we can see the progress. (y)❤️

Ayin with all these encouragements you have no other choice than to continue the painting and show us your progresses ;-))
It will be a great painting , no doubt .

I'm intrigued by it - the story is there already. It just needs your special brand of decision-making to bring it to life. ❤️

Thank you everyone for all the wonderful encouragement. I so appreciate it. I'm still on a break and will maybe get back to working this week. Thank you all for the votes of confidence and good wishes. ♥️

Arty, this painting is already an inspiration. I like to see this beginning step. Thanks for posting. I like the elements you have in it - they are actually very good - and it's already looking so beautiful!
I can feel your need to sleep! I haven't been painting in two months either until today I digged from a painting pile in my studio corner a portrait painting from last fall and started working on it today. By my surprise I did see it with fresh eyes. I hope you can rest well and return to painting.

Wow. Thank you moscatel and Hermes. I did not realize it would get such a reaction. Your feedback is giving me a lot of motivation, I must say. Thank you so very much!

I am still not feeling so great, but I've been able to get VERY minimal progress on this. I mean really minimal, like few minutes every couple of days. I'm just not up to it. I was sick from the beginning of January. It's over now, but I am still super fatigued. It wasn't Covid. It was some stomach virus.

I will try to get back to the painting soon. I worked a little bit on it yesterday, but it was less than an hour.

Anyway, thank you!

EDIT: Thank you too JennieJo! ♥️

Back