Second Try Neocolor II

Bartc

OK, this time with hot pressed Bockingford paper and it was easier to work without the texture of paper. Came out more "crayon-y", but it did work fine. More drawing/sketching in nature than painting, though I did use a water brush at the end. I'm going to have to make one of those palettes for this so I can truly mix colors as they show on YT, because even the 30 set is missing a lot of hues I would want. All good.

This was a sketch of an antique rusted truck in an old gas station that was moved to Kelley Historical Park in San Jose, CA. Neocolor II on paper, 16x12". B. Charlow 2023.
Kelley Park truck 2023.jpg

Nice sketch of the classic old truck. :) Glad you're continuing to play with the Neocolors.

I agree: nice sketch! I haven't tried this yet Bart but I wonder if applying a fine mist of water from a squirt bottle would help to blend colors and soften edges without removing too much of the pigment. These things are fun to play with, aren't they?

Yesterday the staff of the organization I just retired from threw me a huge party, which was wonderful in and of itself. The main driver for our large trucks, whom I like a great deal, was there. I had the painting in my car. So I gave it to him figuring how much he seemed to like trucks. He was thrilled.

Yesterday the staff of the organization I just retired from threw me a huge party, which was wonderful in and of itself. The main driver for our large trucks, whom I like a great deal, was there. I had the painting in my car. So I gave it to him figuring how much he seemed to like trucks. He was thrilled.
He must have been thrilled! This is excellent, fresh looking, with a difficult to render subject. Kudos!

Back