Second Thoughts

Artyczar

There was a gallery in LA that moved up north some time ago and I knew the owner. I decided to write to her about my work and I mistakenly didn't really look at the artists she was recently representing. She had a wider variety before, but now all the work is very well-rendered, narrative, and almost illustrative.

Well, she wrote me back and asked me to send her what I am working on lately but looking at what she's representing now, I fear I don't have anything appropriate to send her. She's already seen the work in my last show. I don't really have anything for her. Maybe I should just tell her I'm not for her gallery. I think I screwed myself.

Hi Ayin, just tell her you were too fast to contact her and that you think your work does not match what she shows - as she might have noticed at your last show ;-)
I don't think it's a big problem . 😊

I just wrote her back and told her that I hadn't noticed the consistency of the new artists she was representing and that I may not be the best match. However, here are a few new pieces (attached) and that she can always peruse my website anytime, etc.

That's about all I can do. 🤷‍♂️

CaliAnn, you are so very nice! Thank you very much for saying that.

I can show you all her gallery site and you might see what I mean. The work she represents are all very narrative and well-rendered (as in more realism-based) and not as abstracted or "whimsical" I guess the word is--the word a lot of people use to describe my work. It's all consistent. I just should have studied it better than I did. When she was in LA, she had a different director and they had more of a variety.

Koplin del Rio Gallery, Seattle.

I perused some of the works on the site. I can see why your works wouldn't fit the style. In my humble opinion, I'd (if I could afford it) - would pay for one of your works over anything I saw there. My personal preference

If she is representing one style consistently, then her clientele might like to see something a bit different. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. ;)

Wow, thank you CaliAnn. That is so wonderful to hear (read). You make my heart swell and my insides burst open! (Warm fuzzies!!!) Thank you thank you!!! ♥️

Sno, you could be right. We'll see how she replies, but I don't have any expectations. Not that I ever do. :rolleyes: But thank you. That's a great point!

Back