Scavenger Hunt from Life #71: Jun 3 - Jun 11

Jo & Ai, thanks so much for your comments. Your work always makes me smile.

Bghisly, you have great sketches of the flowers...so different. Hope your urban sketching meeting was good.

It was so fun, as always. Will post a pic of the group and then one of what I sketched. I'm the one in front of the cobalt blue guy.
IMG-20230611-WA0009.jpg

IMG_20230610_125941.jpg

Joan: The fruit included with my breakfast at the homestay was rambutan. It is common fruit in Thailand, and south east Asia. More of its info here: https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=rambutan

Bghisley: Love your delicate touch with all kinds of flowers. Wow... your Usk get together is awesome. Look like it is such a fun group. Nice towers and tree capture.

Jo: Thanks... Yes, it is good to be back home with the kids and Tone too. Sketching trip was nice but I miss them.

Bghisley, you have a large group to sketch with! What chapter are you part of? I can't read the name on the t-shirts. Our NYC group rarely does a group photo. Nice stone buildings!

Ai, I watched the video of the rambutan. When he cut it open it was like a little surprise inside. I will have to check if any of the markets here have them. We have one market that has a lot of unusual fruits and veggies that aren't common here. Welcome back! It looks like you had a really interesting trip.

Here's my last sketch for this hunt and it is also a direct watercolor for the challenge. I always check when I pass the fire departments here to see if there are any trucks outside, but they rarely are. Today when I was in Sayville there were two bays that were open with trucks inside. Luckily I got to work quickly and had just finished most of the first truck when the bays closed. lol

13 - vehicle - watercolors

IMG_2672.jpeg

Excellent Fire truck and station, Joan .... Welldone to this Hunt and Hosting as well.:love:

Bghisly, Your flowers are lovely and graceful with or without the names. I'm smiling, I know nothing of plant names. Nice to meet you in your group photo! How much fun it is to go out with others. Love your building sketch. So interesting to see where you live, too. Thanks.

Joan, how fun you found the firetruck bay open. Good job!! Love the brick work.

No more sketching here. Thanks Joan for the Hunt. Nice to see everyone. See you on Hunt 72!

Back