Scavenger Hunt from Life #64: June 27 - July 5

Thanks, Joan, on the bar sketch Someone came in and sat between us. I made up the feet on the guy on the right. Ha. Always the way, the gal on the left went away for a while but came back just before we left and I quit sketching. Lots more bottles and stuff on the shelves. Oh well. Always a challenge and makes me try to remember later. Didn't think to take a photo, never do.

#4 recently found... garden decoration at a local shopping mall in flamingo sculptures...done in cp

1000015544.jpg

1000015546.jpg

Ai, wow what a fun find. Flamingos are so graceful and you captured them well. Interesting double sided pencils. Thanks for sharing.

Jo, I rarely think to take a photo and people move out of the scene so often. Great that you captured that much.

Ai, super find with the flamingo sculptures! The pencils worked well for them.

7 - white fence - watercolor and ink
8 - something to borrow (kayaks)

IMG_2832.jpeg

Joe, thanks for list.
wonderful job with all the works posted

1money

2Something new, the cat from last time, had 2 furry children

2023-07-01 13-20_pagina_2.jpg
2023-07-01 13-20_pagina_1.jpg

I will return with comments. For now - sketches! ink, 5x8"

6. Red - orange on the hose nozzle
7. Something old - this rake is probably at least 40 yrs old
8. Rock
hunt74-12.jpg

9. An out building (like a barn or a shed) - shed

hunt74-10.jpg

10. Yard

hunt74-11.jpg

Cheers,

Bghisly and daughter - thank you
Ai - thank you. Oooh temples! Such a wildly decorated pink pillar. Oooh lovely job on the pelicans with the funky double-ended double-coloured pencils! I looked into the "Colleen" brand and learn they are made presently in Thailand? https://www.amazon.com/Colleen-785-Colored-Pencil-Colors/dp/B018OQ73FQ and https://www.penciltalk.org/2009/10/double-ended-colour-pencils
Joan - thank you. Yahoo - great perspective on that front yard. Yahoo musicians! Oooh look at the lively colours on the beach scene. Yahoo kayak rentals!
Joe - thank you.
Jo - thank you. Yahoo hummers! I spotted one this morning zooming around a plum tree. Great job on the perspective on the chair - I find that difficult. Yay pub with painting event ... any chance you'll post yours and Gene's creations?
joe1lt - that cat from last time had two furry children!? Yahoo!

Hi everyone, long time no check-in. 👋

Thanks for that list, Fletch 😎

I haven't even been "lurking" lately, but I've still been making quick sketches once or twice a week when I'm out on a walk.
That's not enough! definitely losing ground... but I guess I'm sketching faster than ever ( and you can tell, lol ). I'm in my last 6 week stretch before retirement. ( I'm almost fearful of saying I'll have more time after I retire, with all the plans I have, but maybe!!!! and I hope so!!!)

I like all the sketches in the thread, the ones that caught my eye were Ai's valley behind the temple and Joan's beach scene ( like that sky especially ). And Jo's hummingbird feeders, there's something simple but great about sketches like those. Also like the coins and hat from Bghisly ( hi! I'm Ned ) and the rake/hose from EP and the cats from Joe1! I think maybe I'm leaning toward the simpler drawings these days :)

I've got one in the pocket sketchbook in my car from Friday.. I'll go get it.

Doran Beach is in Bodega Bay along the coast in Northern California. It's a long sandy beach, and when you come to the end of it you reach these rocks. At low tide, you can go past these rocks onto the next beach.

#1 rock, pocket sketchbook, vision uniball pen, ink wash in waterbrushes.
IMG_1562rs.jpg

Joan - Great sketch. Count on you for a beach scene. Like the little tent. Makes you wonder why got to the beach and than go in a tent? Looking at your items and studying how you do so many textures in wc. Great job on the cars in the kayak painting. Cars are tuff.

Jo - Great bar sketch. Hope you enjoyed too.

Ai - Flamingos we’re a nice find and you drew them beautifully in cp. Graceful lines!

Joe1 love the loose freeness of the mother and her kittens.

EP like how you grouped the rake, hose and rocks. Particularly like the line work on the rock. Nice sketch of the shed. Again love the line work. There is the shed again in the yard sketch.😎

Ned - Good to hear from you. Great work on the rocks. Like how you used the washes for texture. You know if you sketch from life but it doesn’t fit the Hunt you can always share with us in this forum.

Paul - Hope you get to the end of the tunnel soon and can join back in.

Keep sketching
Fletch

NedL: Thank you. Glad to see you back ... love your sketch and your paradise narrative.

EP: We thought Colleen cp were from Japan..lol..They are good quality while not so expensive for Thai art enthusiast... Nice sketches, esp. the yard with lovely chairs. Cool old rake too.

Joan: Welldone on all glorious sketches. I could not get back to #30x30directwatercolor as our home renovation is going on. Now we are having our upstairs repainted... and every day or two I have to re-organize my stuffs to make way for our contractor to paint a particular wall... I have been exhausted and my art materials are underneath the contractor's big canvas cover... it is hard for me to do serious series of artwork at the present....sign...

Joe1: Love those cats.

Happy 4th of July, even if it's not a holiday where you are :) I'll be lighting the BBQ in about 1/2 an hour. Steaks, hot dogs for the kids, corn on the cob, garlic bread, salad ( w/ avocado, we're in California after all.. ) . Cherries and ice cream to finish us off :)

Thanks to everyone for all your comments!

Ned, good to see you back. Love your rocks from Bodega Bay. We were there many, many years ago when we drove up the Pacific Coast. Once you retire you will start to think...how did I get all this done and work too? Time just starts to disappear.

Happy 4th of July to all of those who are celebrating today!

Back