Scavenger Hunt from Life #63: Mar 31 - Apr 8

#1 found in a garden ... though this is a bird sculpture belonged to my MIL

20230402_104204.jpg

Joan - looks like a couple of fun sketches. Learning enough wc now I can look at the hair band and understand why some spots blend and other spots have harder edges. Nice line work on hand and cherries.

Paul - that is a small mannequin with a lot of stories. Poor guy. Nice hatching.

Ai - looks like you had a safe trip and are relaxing/painting in Georgia already YAY!

Keep sketching
Joe

Paul, your mannequin looks like he's had a rough time. What have you done to the poor thing? lol Nice sketch.

Ai, nice bird sculpture from your MIL's garden. Hope you are relaxing and adjusting to the time difference.

Joe, thanks. Like anything wc takes some practice and more practice. lol

You all have been busy! Thanks for the nice comments.

Robin, cool landscape, we sort of had the same idea with the trees. Your assortment of the plant stand and keepsakes is fun!

Joan, I like your idea of baseball, sketching and the feet up. Hope there is a glass of wine, too. I like the hairband and your hand with berries?

Paul, I like your mannequin in the hand. Fun.

Ai, what a neat find of the parrot sculpture.

I sketched/painted on the porch to the east of our house. Left out the street, etc. Pastels on Pastelbord (wiped off the bear and cups) 12 x 12 inches. May be a keeper.
#1 landscape

cs23001eastside-trees700.jpg

cs-eastside-setup.jpg

Great sketches everyone.

Jennie Jo - your glass jar sketch is very interesting. I like the idea of reusing some paper covered with writings and notes.

Wonderful landscape Jo. I love all the cool green tones in the background.

JennieJo: Nice find and sketch of glass jar with floral. I really like the idea
of drawing and painting over used print I find it very esthetically pleasing.
Cute jarring jest!

Robin: Good collection of sketches. Nice landscape, like your find for
promotes good health and item that fits into the palm of your hand, Nice gift
and well done form using shadows with the drum sticks.

Joan: Nice find for stretchy well done hair band. Like the grapes in your hand.
My mannequin has been through quite a bit with me. I have dropped him,
thrown him across the room, slammed draws shut on his head and by the looks of him
partially starved him ( I missed his width proportion he is a bit wider). It is
not good being my mannequin for sure,

Ai:
Great you find time visiting the in-laws, well done bird sculpture. I particularly
like how you blended the edges, very nice.

Joe: Thanks.... yes the mannequin has been through a lot he has had a very
traumatic life with me some of witch I mentioned to Joan.

Jo: Thanks... great landscape, love the color and pastels, well done!

Joe1lt: Nice find for plastic. Thanks for sharing the link on portrait
sketches in the last hunt. I hope to give that a try.

thank you so much Paull, I'm glad you found the links useful, you can always find the one on youtube available

Hi everyone...I forget my password on the computer... so I have been posting from my cell...cannot type much but appreciate great arts from you all.

We went out for Tone's friend re-union lunch...I saw this beautiful lady sitting at the far table...done with TomBow dual gray brushpen.

#2 bigger than me.
20230403_095148.jpg

Ai cool bird sketch

Joe1-got lots of nice layer detail and pencil like marks…would not have guessed it was a digi

JoC- I would say that’s a keeper FOR SURE….love the bark detail, great depth, you got foreground sky and all….that is what I need to work toward…I keep just looking in the middle, You could call it subconscious artistic navel contemplation ???

MPaul….i didn’t know manikins were pocket sized…..looks like it could star in a twilight zone episode……it looks worn and soft, like a little friend

Ai…nice sketch, got a good brush effect from the marker…she does look bigger than you…probably a lot of Americans are sadly way bigger than they should be hope you are enjoying your visit. Did Lily and her sister come too?

Great sketches everyone.

Jennie Jo - your glass jar sketch is very interesting. I like the idea of reusing some paper covered with writings and notes.

Wonderful landscape Jo. I love all the cool green tones in the background.
I did a short AbEx course, it came out of that. Now I just enjoy the process ... and try not to match text content to the drawing. My mind says 'just do it'.

Welcome to the Scavenger Hunts from Life.
The Hunts were started in 2006 by Jamie Williams Grossman as a way to practice with prompts. Artists have come and gone while forming some lasting friendships. We hope you will join in and tune up your sketching skills. All levels and techniques are welcome. We hope you can have some good times here. You can travel the world seeing the sketches of items at hand by the artists.

If you’ve participated in at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one we would really appreciate it. You can sign up by posting your name on the current hosting schedule in the Art From Life forum here:
https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-host-sign-up-list.2481/page-5

Here are the rules for the Hunt:
*All everyday common items on the list must be sketched from life – not imagination or photo reference.
*Each object you draw can count for only one item on the listless, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed on by unanimous vote among the participants.
*You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count these objects as separate items, but no single object can count for more than one item.
*All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.
*Do as many or as few of the items as you like. You don’t have to finish the entire list to participate. The Scavenger Hunt “week” will last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.
*Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you for each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are welcome.
*Have fun!
*** If you have some hunt sketches completed but little time to read/comment, please post your sketches anyway. Commenting is appreciated but not required!

A vehicle
Something found outside
Something found in a garden
Something found at the beach
Something found at the grocery store
Something with a skin or peel
Something in a jar
Something in a clear bag
Something that promotes good health
Something tasty
A landscape
A gift you received
Something made of fabric
Something made of glass
Something made of plastic
Something made of metal
Bigger than you
Smaller than the palm of your hand
Open
Closed
Zips closed
Crunchy
Ties closed
Stretchy
Held together with screws
Topics: found outside, in the garden. Made of plastic and metal.
IMG_20230404_085133_1-01.jpeg

Jo, thanks. I was holding grapes which are past their prime. Love the landscape and how you made that small section of trees look so wonderful!

Joe 1, thank you. Nice stamper...what does it say?

Paul, now why does your mannikin come back for more? lol

Ai, nice sketch of the woman. I like the look of it with the gray Tomboy.

Jennie Jo, that's such a nice decorative element for a garden.

Well, once again I forgot to hit "post reply" and this has been sitting since yesterday. lol

I went out east for inspiration today. Ended up in a garden center.
4 - found in a garden (plants) - watercolors and ink
5 - vehicle (wagon)
6 - made of plastic (flower pots)
7 - open doorway
IMG_2112.jpeg

8 - landscape - direct watercolors

IMG_2110.jpeg

I just arrived for a very brief visit to my sister in law's mountain cabin at Franklin, North Carolina. Here are some decoration pieces...I dont know if this place is close to Robin's home or not...but I'm glad to get dome NC vibe..

#3 made of metal ...lamp
#4 made of fabric...top curtain or valence, on the window

20230403_233434.jpg

Attachments

• 20230403_233444.jpg
    20230403_233444.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 40
Thanks all, I had fun playing in the dust.

joe1lt, your digs look like pencil or ink. Well done! I had forgotten about stamps for addresses, do it all on the computer now.

Ai, love the lady with the curly hair. Excellent lamp and curtain. Good way to show the blinds. Tun bear on the light switch and in North Carolina! Happy you traveled a bit and still find time to sketch.

JennieJo, the garden ornament is clever. You did well in the gesture of it.

Joan, I found a post that I hadn't hit send either. Amazing, they used to disappear. Your flower/garden center is so nice. I find something new every time I look. The creek scene is super and colorful in the subdued colors. Well you know what I mean.

Back