Scavenger Hunt from Life #63: Mar 31 - Apr 8

Joe: Thanks... I actually did the seascape about a week ago and just found it :(...
We had sormy weather along our coast and love watching the rough seas. Typically
our coast area is rather calm.

Jo: Thanks.. That dressing does sound yummy and well sketched. Great job
on the hand with earings.

Ai: Great place to sketch love all the cars. Looks like a late 1950s Plymouth
Fury, very well done. I will plan to stop by that place if I get into the area.

Joe1lt: Nice job on the vehicle.

Joan: Thanks. Hilarious! after you said you thought it was a mouse I couldnt help
but notice the uncanny resemblance. Now I know how to draw a mouse :)..
Wow those budding flowers are very nice. Like how you focused just on that
section of branches. Thanks for hosting

I will be posting the next hunt tomorrow early morning Boston, Ma time
not later than 8:00 AM
Paul, how was the jalapeño? Looks mousy and not hot. And time for another Hunt already?? Wow.

Joan, thanks for the gouache tip. I forget about that.

great variety of work - all inspirational
now a quick post
so i can get myself back in the habit...
#1 my pencil sharpener represents sketching - quite necessary for my good health! :)
#2 made of metal #3 plastic
20230407_103236.jpg

Ahhh, Stephanie, great finds. Love the pencil sharpener for health. I like your metal clip and plastic elephant. Yay!

I sketched at the dining table as it is still gloomy and rainy so dark in the house even though we have lots of windows.
Number 6 metal, Number 7 glass, Number 8, plastic, Number 9 fabric Micron 02 and colored pencil.

csshfl63metal.jpg

Joan - I've seen a bear outside a shop in Alaska ... but I cannot find a link quickly. Yahoo stretchy hair band! I always enjoy your colourful sketches at garden stores/country farm/garden centres :) Lovely magnolia bloom. I've seen buds on magnolia trees this morning but no blooms yet.
Paul - sorry your mannikin has backwards body parts. Yahoo the architectural drawing compass made of metal :)
Ai - wonderful bird sculpture! Yahoo stealth sketch of a lady at the reunion! Cool feet on that lamp. Wow - a bear on the light switch plate! What a splendid scene in that NC landscape
Jo - wonderful greens in that pastel landscape! Love the orange segments! Oooh ranch dressing! Yay earrings! While it may be gloomy outside the tablecloth or placemat is so colourful and cheerful :)
joe1lt - I love old stampers :)
JennieJo - lovely sparkly reflective outside hanging item :)
Joe - yay mister bottle and pocket pen
Ai - love the sketch of old cars behind trees and vehicle junkyards :)
Stephanie - lovely clip!

Stephanie, good to see you sketching for your good health. Love the elephant with his/her trunk up...that means good luck. Nice work on the sharpener and metal clip.

Jo, I like the palette of your last sketch and the reflection of the fabric in the glass canister.

Thanks, Joe 1.

EP, thanks. Our trees are slowly blooming...there will be an abundance of them any day since so many have small buds. Jerry's cousin lives in Colorado and she has bears outside quite often.

10 - something found at the beach - direct watercolor
IMG_2137.jpeg

11 - found in a grocery store - watercolors and water-soluble pencil

IMG_2135.jpeg

12 - in a jar (strawberry jam) - direct watercolor

IMG_2138.jpeg

13 - made of glass - water-soluble pencil

IMG_2136.jpeg

I posted the new list after much confusion on my part :mad:!

Stephanie: Nice sketches I really like the purple ink, all 3 sketches well done,
the elephant is my favorite.

Jo: Thanks... the jalapeño was very good I threw it in my omelet. You found some
good use of your time, nice sketches

eyepaint: Thanks

Joan: Great finish with your last 4 sketches mmmm starwberry jam I need to get
some of that stuff.

Ai: Nice beach collection, well done

Sylwia: Beautiful find nicely done.

Well, my in-law family relatives rolling in to our home in Atlanta, plus they forcasting of a few days of rain ...... So my art times may be limitted but I do enjoy seeing all everyone's sketches.

Lovely flower spring sketch, Sylwia.

Joan:
love your asparagus and the jam jar sketches....

Stephanie: Welldone on those quick sketches. I esp. love the elephant.

Jo: you glass sketch over fabric is fantastic !!! :love:

EP, Jo, Joan, Joe1, Joe: Thanks.

Paul: Thanks.

Other members & lurkers: Hello... Pls join in... this Hunt or the next Hunt.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, Thanks for the nice comments.
EP, always fun to hear from you.

Joan, yep, we saw a couple of bears in Angel Fire and one got into our hummingbird feeders. We thought they were high enough so he was pretty big! I love, love the seashell. Yummy asparagus, a favorite of mine. I like it raw with dip, too. Cute jelly jar.

Ai, love the mysterious pitcher for syrup. Made me smile. Pretty shells, too.

Sylwia, lovely flowers in ink and inktense. So delicate and flowing lines.

Paul, can't believe you were confused, I'll check the Hunt next. We don't eat as many jalapeños as we do green chile from New Mexico. More flavor in the NM peppers besides the heat.

Joan, thank you so much for this Hunt. I had more ideas, maybe they will fit in Paul's Hunt. See all y'all over there.

Ai, was the syrup from your visit to iHop? Nice work on that and the shells too.

Stephanie, I like the freshness of your sketch of the flowers!

Jo, thanks. This hunt just flew by. I didn't get much done.

Thanks to everyone who participated, commented, or just looked!

Back