Scavenger Hunt from Life #52: Jan 02 - 10, 2023

you have published masterpieces. Today I did these, had a bit of the flu earlier.
digital draw
1 round 2 car

2023-01-08 16-08.jpeg
2023-01-08 16-28.jpeg
2023-01-08 16-00.jpeg
5C93842C-9EF6-4E41-AE28-6138C3BF7AA8.jpeg

Thanks, Jo. Can I come over and we can sketch while we have margaritas???

Joe 1, thanks. I like how you boxed the lines for the proportions of the car. Nicely done! I hope you feel better soon.

14 - row of houses - watercolors and ink

IMG_1581.jpeg

15 - motorcycle - ink (You know that the driver came out and rode away before I could finish that back wheel...It always happens. lol Luckily I had a minute's notice while he put on his helmet and his gloves.
IMG_1583.jpeg
)

Hi All!

Busy and rainy time here, but I've been drawing or painting almost every day. Maybe my "direct watercolor" attempts will be far enough along to try for for the next hunt... I've spent a lot of time this past week just making marks and trying different things ( simplify! simplify! simplify! is what I'm still learning ). Back with 2 super-quick pen sketches a little later.

Ai -- I thought I already commented on the old classic Bangkok home.. I've looked at it several times! I like the way you put the yellow on the sunny side, it gives the painting a sunny warm feel. I like the old building direct watercolors. I always like seeing your direct watercolors! I don't know about whether the English garden is overworked but I really like the purples and yellows in all that green. I have a little Italian espresso maker like that one, and have been wanting a pour-over kettle. I like the blue boat and the way you framed it makes it seem like it's under way. The cafe above the florist -- you were brave to try to paint those lights.. the result is lively!

Joan -- wow you've posted a bunch of fantastic work to this hunt. You would probably laugh if you knew how long I studied the tree at the wildlife center...I was even thinking of printing it out and trying to copy it. You and Ai both often leave lots of whites in direct watercolor and it keeps them "open-feeling" and lively. Great sneakers and great colors on the xanadu clothing store, and the boat is just great. The blue bottle in the still life is striking, and the green roof on toned paper (? ) that sky looks fantastic -- the bit of green in it kind of resonates with the house.. that's really neat. I especially like your last post with the row of houses and I like the little colorful droplets in the foreground.

Robin -- that turtle is great! Good job on the multi-item sketch. Good dish rack and background for it! :)

Sywia -- Really like your brown ink sketches. The second one has nice depth to it and the little cat the third one made me smile. There's something about just brown ink that is really appealing.

Jo -- I've been thinking of getting some of those blick grey markers for value sketches or quickly adding tone to sketches.... like the truck ( they make them all like that now, good luck if you're camping and want to sleep in the back! )

Joe1 -- like the white lines in your digital car drawing.. feel better soon.

low effort, but "from life"!

Yesterday when my wife and daughter went in to grab some take-out egg rolls and spring rolls, I had about a minute and this was sitting in front of me so I grabbed my pocket sketchbook.

#1 boat
IMG_1374rs.jpg

#2 view from where I ate lunch today, bigger than me
IMG_1375rs.jpg

I like your colourful interpretation of the café Ai.
Great brush pen sketches, Joan. I love the house with the white detailed and the sky-
Nice digital sketches, Joe. I like the car on the black background.
Nice quick sketches, Nedl. Great view, from where you ate lunch.

Interesting shadows and rare item – toad USB flash drive – brown ink calligraphy pen in A4 sketchbook

3.jpg

Fantastic sketches: Joe1, Ned, Sylwia, and Joan.

All & Ned
: Thanks for your kind words.

Joan: The motorcycle and rows of houses are amazing. Great lines, and the home has charming cozy feel.

Joe1: Love your free flow lines items. The cars come out great in digi.

Ned: Do not underestimate of small sketches that get done regularly. That is how I have developed my art throughout the years with our Hunt friends. It is so great that you always have the majestic ocean subjects at your door steps. Love your record of them, it has that environment glory to it.

Sylwia: Lovely brown ink hatching drawings. All pieces are great and the thumb drive gives me extra smile.

joe1lt, wow on your cars. Well done. Good ellipses on the round item.

Joan, yep, margaritas all around. I love your row houses. So nice on the corners, cars and all. Good finish on the motorcycle! Whew....

Ned, thanks. The grays don't have as much value change as they look on the caps, but they are fun and different. Super boat, I wonder if I'll get out and go find one. Love the bluff and view. Good for you for getting out and PRACTICING!

Sylwia, look at you go. Love the corks and shadows, such nice shapes and hatching. The flash drive is so cute, well done all around. Applause.

Hi, Ai and all the rest!!

I sketched on our walk around the lakes/ponds. We didn't get all the way around.
Number 2, bigger than you In the ArtStreet book, 9 x 12 inches, with a Micron 02 and some Ohuhu pens for the darker lines.

csshfl52bigger.jpg

#6b -- blue ... I got inspired by Joe1 and got a bunch of small key chains in cute characters from fleamarkets to sketch ... done in cp, about 3x4 inch

h52_blueBear.jpg

lots of sketching happening in here! Really enjoy seeing everyone’s adventures.

Apologies....no time for comments but seeing all the different work is great pleasure, thanks each one for sharing

Whoops I need to figure out how to use this system my picture is upside down….
Paul... glad you found us. You may try to flip your pic. either with your cell-phone image app, or use some free on-line website to flip/rotate and safe your picture, before upload it to here. For example, if you only want to rotate your image only, you can use the service on web-site here: https://www.iloveimg.com/rotate-image

Sylwia -- yay more brown ink, I like the toad and the one to the left of it.

Ai -- thank you, I'm glad my daughter got those pocket sketchbooks for me.. it got me going again because it's so easy to have with me. You hunt folks are awesome. The blue teddy bear is cute!

Jo -- thanks. this place is so encouraging! I think I will look at the "grey shades" pitt pens. 9x12 again... really like that one. I like the way you sometimes have parallel hatch lines in the shady parts of trees ( like Ivan Shishkin's tree sketches! )

Robin -- yay more brown (reddish brown?) ink! those bottles look cool.

Paul -- hi! nice sketch of the galleria, I like when the sketch feels like you just walked right in there.

Robin: Love those dazzle red line sketches. ... no worry of individual commenting... we hear you...I feel the same too sometimes.

Paul: Glad you are back to share arts with us. Cool capture of the store scene. FYI --When uploading an image here, if you wait for the uploader to work and say 100% uploaded, then hit enter after that... then your image will be directly posted in our posts's content. Otherwise, if you hit the enter key too soon, the sketch will be posted as attachment.

Last edited:
Thank you for all nice words on my brown ink drawings.
Beautiful and peaceful scenery on the pound. Jo
Adorable blue keychain. I like his expression. AI
Lovely sketches and impressive bottle collection, Robin. I like the shadows behind them.
Nice sketched store scene M50Paull

round -
4.jpg

Back