Scavenger Hunt from Life #52: Jan 02 - 10, 2023

AiArts

Welcome to the Scavenger Hunts from Life. All levels and techniques are welcome.

Here are the rules for the Hunt:
* All everyday common items on the list must be sketched from life – not imagination or photo reference.
* Each object you draw can count for only one item on the listless, no matter how many shapes / parts / colours that object contains. This was agreed on by unanimous vote among the participants.
* You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count these objects as separate items, but no single object can count as more than one item.
* All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you post will be # 1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.
* Do as many or as few of the items as you like. You don't have to finish the entire list to participate. The Scavenger Hunt “week” will last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.
* Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you for each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are welcome.
* Have fun!
*** If you have some hunt sketches completed but little time to read / comment, please post your sketches anyway. Commenting is appreciated, but not required.

If you’ve participated in at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one we would really appreciate it. You can sign up by posting your name on the current hosting schedule in the Art From Life forum here:
https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-host-sign-up-list.2481/

Here are the list -- Scavenger Hunt from Life #52:
-----------------------------------------------------
red
green
blue
yellow
happy colors or multicolors
round
with corners
bottle
bowl
flat shape container
car/vehicle
bike/motorcycle
boat
rare item
heavy
bigger than you
rows
columns
flower
fruit
vegetable
leaf or leaves
interesting shadow
interesting pattern
old stuff

Challenge: Put at least 3 items into a still-life

Last edited:
I went out to sketch with some friends in the old part of city of Bangkok, the same area I went a few days ago.

#1 Yellow -- the old classic home...directwatercolor and then some brown ink on top

h52_OngAngCanal_ClassicHome_a.jpg

h52_OngAngCanal_ClassicHome_b.jpg

#2 Old stuff -- old shop rows in OngAng canal area of Bangkok

h52_OngAngCanal_pic1_a.jpg

Last edited:
Ai. Thanks for new list. Love your direct watercolors....inspiring forbearance sketching hot waiting snack....maybe tastes better

joe1- nice sketching....good body language portrayal....

Ai, thanks for the new list for the hunt!

Hi, everyone!!!
IMG_1549.jpeg

Today I went to visit my sister, Michelle in NJ. The weather was pretty nice so we went to a wildlife center near her. We took a walk and then sat and did a sketch.

1 - bigger than me - direct watercolor

Oops ... I just realized that on my food plate item sketch above, I did a typo "Fried Friend" instead of "Fried Fish" ... I must be super sleepy :ROFLMAO:

Joe1: Thanks. Super sketch on those angels.

Joan: Thanks. Wonderful directwatercolor trees.

#4 rare item -- English garden at one of the major gas station rest area of Petchaburi province. I did this in directwatercolor and I think I had overworked it. ... Well there will be next time to stop by and re-sketch this place again... I hope. Done in a super giant Moleskine watercolor book... about 1 hour spent on this one.

h52_sculptureEnglishGarden.jpg

Ai, thanks so much. It was nice to actually be outdoors sketching and not sitting in the car to keep warm. lol I like the statue in the middle of the garden. Nicely done!

AI I like the old classic home and the perspective of it in your sketch. The old shops and snack and statue are nice too.

Joan – I like the composition and the greens – brown/yellow combination in this scene.

Sylwia, thanks!

Ai, nice coffee pot. I don't see many of those moca pots around here.

Joan- lovely tree & shoreline.....brrrr water looks cold. Delicious bark details. May I ask what colo you mix for grays?

Ai - beautiful detailed yet free spirited sketch- love the purple, gray and flecks of light pink dappled shadows. Fun coffee puts...I love coffee

Back