Scavenger Hunt from Life #25: May 22 - May 30

Angela you are absolutely inspiring me to try my op's in the sketchbook! Your can and jar look great! All of what I consider my "op paper" is in boxes so everything goes into my sketchbook, and I should quit wringing my hands over it. I'm happy to see another op enthusiast!! You do well with them.

Joan - as usual, your watercolor sketches are lovely. Perfect flowers, pretty landscape scene, and your Lefty Lucy is cracking me up! It's obvious you and Ai had fun. :)

Ai, how fun that you sketched lefty Lucy. You did a great job. I love your restaurant. Thanks for the photos. Beautiful flower.

joe, thanks for the info on Jeanne. Will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Angela I think your can and jar are cool.

Joan,lovely technique on the flowers. The landscape is so nice. Lucy I the pjs made me smile.

Hi to everyone And thanks. Gene is doing great. Two weeks to next check up. I’ve been lazy About art.

Last edited:
#6 a box – Challenge: with something sticking out ... well it is a different kind of box... when you do online-exam proctoring using MS-Teams you get these boxes to show each student in front of their computer camera.

h25_OnlineExam.jpg

Ai, clever boxes! They all look like they are thinking and working.

I sketched on the porch in the 9 x 12 sketchbook with regular smooth paper with the Micron 02.
Number 3 found outdoors - Gene's rain gauge.
Number 4 landscape - a little storage shed next door. I call it a fishing shack for painting but it is just a storage shed.

csshfl25outdoors.jpg

csshfl25landscape.jpg

Jo: Nice rain gauge and the shed sketches. Lovely vegetation around your place.

Terri, thanks. It is fun to see that Ai is there on Zoom but we don't get to chat while we sketch...too bad!

Jo, thank you. I would think carrying around that big Dino head would be tiring. lol Nice work on the fishing shed. I hope you get some rain to fill up part of Gene's rain gauge.

9 - vehicle - ink
IMG_0088.jpeg

10 - box (challenge with something sticking out) - ink

IMG_0089.jpeg

11 - bottle - direct watercolors

IMG_0090.jpeg

Ai - great job with all your little "box" portraits! You caught all kinds of expressions here.

Jo - I enjoy all of your porch sketches! Interesting rain gauge angle from the post, and that shed/fishing shack looks great. I like the idea of it being a fishing shack, too!

Joan - great sketches in ink. I never see a misstep or anything wrong with your lines - which speaks to your sketching talent! I use pencils (of some form or other) and keep the batteries fresh in my little hand held eraser. :LOL: Your watercolor ink bottle is cheerful. Nice job!

#7 landscape ...We visit a cafe & resort by Ratchaburi bamboo forest and a mountain stream, 20 miles from our country cabin. I did this in directwatercolor ...about 45 minutes in an A5 spread ..The cafe owner likes my sketch and offers me and a few more sketcher friends to be there for a few nights at her resort to paint and share our art works for the local charity in July.
20220528_223504.jpg

1653752033783.jpg

1653752013341.jpg

Terri, thanks so much for your comment. :)

Ai, nice work on that sketch. There is so much vegetation. I like how you simplified it.

12 - a bag with something sticking out - direct watercolor

IMG_0091.jpeg

13 - jar - Caran D' Ache neocolors and ink

IMG_0092.jpeg

Thanks so much Joan and Terri.

Joan
: Very fun vehicle and something sticking out of the bag. Great jar, box, bottle, and vehicle.

Joan, Jo, Angela, Ai, wonderful job.

pencil on sketchbook smaller than a5

1A can, 2Found indoors 3 Something fragrant, 4 Related to cooking [glass]
, they are a can of taralli inside an envelope, two taralli foori to the envelope, the taralli are fragrant, even the slice of cake.
the cake is inside a container and outside.
a photo looks bad, sorry.

2022-05-28 22-16_pagina_1.jpg
2022-05-28 23-55_pagina_1.jpg

Ai, the charity event in July with the drawings to be made, is a beautiful initiative and the places are perfect for fantastic drawings, to make such a beautiful initiative

Ai, thanks so much.

Joe 1, I had to look up what taralli are. I don't think I ever had any when I was in Italy. Nice sketches...makes me want to give them a try.

thanks Joan, I hope you will try them sometime and that you will like them.
they can be very good when they are not hardened. are crumbly.
there are many flavors, red pepper, olives, fennel, black pepper, and other flavors, these flavors are my favorites.they also make them big but this usual shape and size, they are small.

Joan, Thanks. Love your vehicle, you do those soooo well. Of all the eyedrops Gene has I don't see the one you sketched. Ha. He is doing well. The ink bottle direct is so well done. The bag with Mickey is so fun and well done. Honey hot mustard sounds good.

Terri, thanks. I got an electric eraser in a gift bag years ago and I'm pretty sure it is still in a drawer someplace. I don't like do overs. Ha. I wish I used a pencil and eraser more, I'm just lazy. I got a neat thing from a friend the other day, it said, "I used to just crastinate, but I got so good, I went pro."

Ai, thanks for sharing your world with us. I love the sketch and photos.

joe1lt, Mmm, taralli sounds great. Nice drawings. Good hatching.

Thanks everyone, I'm being the 'crastinator today. We are going to our daughter's for burgers and hot dogs for Memorial Day a day early. Hope you all have a great weekend.

Ai - love your landscape - everything you paint always looks so lush!

Joan - Mickey peeking out of a bag gave me a smile! So cute. Your neocolors look great on your jar.

Joe - nice sketchwork! Thank you for sharing the meaning of taralli with us - it sounds wonderful and you have sketched it out well.

Well, I finally broke down, went to the nearby Blick's and bought some small sets of various kinds of colored pencils. Apparently ALL of my art supplies (other than the boxed OP sets and odd things here and there) are sitting someplace in the storage unit. I really want to play with something other than graphite for everything.

I used my usual Canson XL mixed media 11x14 sketchbook for these.

With my new Blick landscape colored pencils - a can (semi-hidden can of sauerkraut from the back of the pantry),

and using my new set of Derwent Chromaflow pencils (which are really beautiful!)- a wine bottle:

CS Hunt 25.jpg

I also splurged on a small set of Faber-Castell watercolor pencils that were on sale. I did this on a separate sketchbook page since I was certain water would run everywhere. The scribbles on top are me just making random color blocks with the new goodies.

I'm just posting this because the flowers fit the Hunt - but aren't from life, I confess! ;) While reading about using these WC pencils I followed a quick tutorial. It was then I realized I only have 2 tiny brushes for applying the water - I just don't know what I'm doing! :LOL:But I got through it.

Sunflowers, WC.jpg

I don't think I'm going to get back to this hunt with more images. Have other projects going on.

Joan, it was a mineral water bottle, not from the party. (Wine bottles at the party.) Thanks. Beautiful watercolors. Great direct wc ink bottle. Mickey is so cute!

Terri, thanks. I'm having a lot of fun! I blogged about (mostly) oil pastels today (link in signature, I think). Since the Crayolas, I got some Cray-Pas Expressionist pastels that leaped into my car while I was driving by Michael's the other day. (Not really, but . . . something like that.) And I ordered some Neopastels, but they're back ordered. I'm so jealous that you live near a Blick's! I have to wait for shipping . . . . Good can, and thirsty making wine bottle. What do you think of the WC pencils? I have some Derwent's, and I think they're the only Derwent product I have that I don't like. Maybe I just need more practice.

Jo, thanks. Glad Gene is doing well. Funny about your fishing shack. I should look around here and see what I can glamorize. And crastinating, too. You're full of good ideas :)

Ai, good box sketch. Congratulations on the resort/charity invitation. Beautiful landscape.

joe1lt, thanks. I also had to look up taralli; my family's from farther north. (And I've never been to Italy at all myself.) Nice sketches.

Terri, happy that you got some color in your life! Good ellipse on can and bottle. I only eat sauerkraut on Reuben sandwiches. The wine is great any time!! The flowers are great. Yay for sunshine!

Angela, thanks. I get lazy and look for nearby things. Trouble is I've sketched everything I can see from my chair. Now have to move once in a while.

I finally got the new Hunt posted.
https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-26-may30-jun-7.4048/

Thanks, Joan, for this Hunt. I liked your items.

We went to our daughters and spent the whole afternoon and watched the Longhorns lose the championship game. It wasn't too important as they are hosting a Regional tournament on the way to the College World Series and that is where they need to win. They beat the Oklahoma State Cowboys on Saturday 8 - 1 and the Cowboys won yesterday by the same score I think. Baseball is interesting, it is never over until its over, right?
See ya on the new Hunt.

Wow, late and only posted 21 Items. I had to edit to make it 26. Should stick to alphabetical lists!

See ya,

Back