Scavenger Hunt from Life #133: Oct 10 - 18

Grapes, thanks for your comments. We were in Venice last year at this time too, and it seems about the same.

Ai, nice work on the ferry and all the people. It is shaped similar to a vaporetto.lol

Got to spend a big part of the day with my brother and his wife. They are taking a cruise on the Adriatic and it leaves from Venice. It was nice that our time here overlapped since I haven’t seen them since before Covid.

I did go out in front of our apartment here and did a sketch in the morning.
11 - green plants - direct watercolor
IMG_6266.jpeg

Joan: Gorgeous windows of Venice. Great to rejoin with your brother.

It is an extra holiday in Thailand... but I feel so lazy.... eek !!!

Ai -- you got a wonderful sense of the people on the boat with direct watercolor.

Joan -- I like the colors in the "in public" one too! Nice morning direct sketch. Enjoy!

Best wishes to Jo and Gene, Fletch and Sharon.

#2 tree sometimes oak trees are all twisty and crazy looking. I got lost part way through.... I should go back and try this one again.
IMG_1933rs.jpg

photo:
20241013_163952rs.jpg

#5 From my childhood ...yellow duck
#6 shadow
#7 free space ... vegetables (eggplant+ chilli) ...done in OP on a part of pizza box
#8 chair

1000006619.jpg

1000006617.jpg

1000006615.jpg

1000006607.jpg

Attachments

• 1000006602.jpg
    1000006602.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Ai, it was great to see family here. They are cruising with my sil’s siblings. I like your shading on the snail. Cute duckie and mannekin. Chair looks comfy and the veggies look good enough to eat.

Ned, if nice twisty tree. Thanks for your comments.

Brian, Joan: Thank you.

Joan: That plein air seeing St.Mark are amazing. Love all architecture, gondolas, down to the gondola masters. Welldone.

I love seeing all the beautiful work. Gene is as good as he can be. No bleeding in the stroke and got him to a good place. Rehab for his condition is usually 2-4 weeks intense at the hospital. Amazing stuff. The Parkinson’s doesn't help so we shall see. Hugs all around. Sketching some but nothing to post. Good family support. All well.

Still hanging on my InkTober2024 theme...lol.

#2B -- another body part...my foot...I Google up "ink sketches of a foot"...amazing stuffs I saw...Plan to practice more sketches with my body parts...

#9 geometric forms... Glasses case + nail clippers case

1000006646.jpg

1000006645.jpg

Ai -- the snail is cute, I like the shading and also on the mannequin. Is the pepper pastel on cardboard? It looks great! I always like ink sketches...

Joan -- I must admit I was hoping for one like St. Mark's... that's really gorgeous. I forgot about those water taxis! The belltower one has that wonderful open airy light feel to it, and the colors are excellent... feels like Venice!

Jo -- Nice to see you, hoping the best for Gene and like Ai said, take care of yourself too.

#3 gate cattle gate at the park where I walked today. I realized I was late before I got done and just kind of threw in some shading w/ the pen and super quick inkwash for the shadows...
IMG_1935rs.jpg

a photo:
20241015_164307rs.jpg

Back