Scavenger Hunt from Life #131: Sept 24 - Oct 02

Fletcher: Thanks. Great cucumber in directwatercolor. Lovely shadow and green. Yes, I ditto Joan... any wc work that does not involve pencil lines or ink lines first, IMHO, it is a directwatercolor.

Joan: Thanks. Marvelous work of the hardware store with all wheel and tool glories.... You have done it so well... all the wagons and all the brooms or tool rack... all type of shingle roof, side lines.... superb !!! Have fun packing for the trip.

Thank you both for being great people to learn from and encouraging by sharing your love of wc as well as skills.
Fletch

moscatel, thanks. Plein air from the porch. I need to get away from the house! At least I was outside with no screen on this porch. Ha.

Joan, love the car on the textured paper. Makes the ink look real thick. Your building is big. I like the plants, tree and the way you did the roof. Your wheel sketch is fun and full of items. Love the signs.

Ai, your corner of campus is amazing. Love the contrasts in size and colors. Your fruit looks good enough to eat. The cabbage is fun. Similar small chiles in Peru. So hot/spicy. How about your bird chillies?

Brian, your pickup looks great. You captured the shine and tires. I find cars and trucks so hard to do. It is like there are no lines so like you say the perspective or edges move. I haven't found an easy way to do them.

Fletch, the cucumber is so fine and with shadow. Lovely. Thanks. Wondering about Robin. I think it is in NC for sure, Maybe near Charlotte? My friend there in Kanapolis was unscathed other than debris from the trees, small limbs, etc. They did lose power and phone service for a time.

No sketching again, thinking about Inktober. I may do that with my neice, Mary. She isn't drawing too much but maybe it will inspire both of us to do the Ink together. Have to decide now, it is almost the 1st in about 16 minutes.

I am joining Inktober2024 my way (not following any prompt)

#7 animals ... Our campus ducks and geese
#8 2-wheels ...my neighbour's Vespa

1000006257.jpg

1000006259.jpg

Jo and Fletch :Thanks.

Jo: Our bird chilli is very hot...but I don't eat them much...many time we use them to decorate my fish...but some Thai people eat them a lot !!!

Ai, thanks so much. Fun sketches of all the geese. You captured them well. I like the vespa too. I don't know if I am going to do Inktober or not. I'll see how the first few days go. With the trip it is a lot to do. lol Not such good timing.

Fletch, glad to give some tips and info.

Jo, thanks. The marker on the paper was from experimenting with blending at the Posca workshop. It seemed a shame to just leave it alone. If I had a Posca marker with me I could have done the sketch with it.

Ai, love your ducks and Vespa. Great drawing. I’m joining Inktober with Mary, we will try to follow the prompts. The tiny peppers in Peru and Bolivia would put like one pepper in a huge pot of soup and it would be so hot!

Joan, thanks, those Posca markers look like gouache in that it will cover other colors.

I forgot I even had a backpack! Inktober was backpack for Number 1. This is orange. Sketched with a Micron 08 and colored with inktense yellow and red for orange.
Number 10 - manmade This is in the Ohuhu Mix Media book. Paper nice and smooth for pen but takes water for the Inktense. Posting in Joy’s Inktober forum, too.

csshflmm-inkbp1.jpg

Hi to all.

Sorry to have missed this one... but enjoyed "lurking". Some "last minute" fishing and now getting ready to drive home this week.... LOL after all this time the fish finally arrived at the end of my stay here :)

Been thinking of Robin and hope she is okay.

-Ned

Jo, I'm glad you found your backpack and were able to sketch it. I did the first prompt for Inktober but if I continue I probably won't be using the prompts.

Ned, nice of the fish to show up as you are heading back home. lol

Ai, thanks for hosting! Nice ink sketch of the flowers.

Ai - Looks like you are off to a good Inktober start with geese, vespa and flowers in ink!!

Jo - Inktense really makes that backpack pop.

Ned - Safe journey home

Keep sketching
Fletch

Back