Scavenger Hunt from Life #107: Mar 16-Mar 24

Ai, thanks so much.

Jo, raw shellfish is not for everyone. My dad used to love clams, and I think he passed that on to all of us. We even used to dig for them once in a while. Thanks for your comment and story.

Ai, Joan, formidable job,
1 candle. candle and lampadina
2 Flower
3 fruits , apple

I had drawn the strawberries for the previous hunt as something new, first time I ate them this year, but my phone screen broke days before and I didn't take a photo
4 animals, it's a 3 centimeter glass dog inside a glass bag, transparent plastic-like glass, I don't know if it's something someone bought in a housewares store, I didn't remember it, days before I had thought about drawing the figurine of the elephant, a small wooden one that I had drawn in the past but I couldn't find it anymore. I had thought about drawing something else, trying not to redraw EEyore, but maybe...
2024-03-19 16-59_pagina_1.jpg
2024-03-19 16-59_pagina_2.jpg
2024-03-19 16-59_pagina_4.jpg

6 ink pen
draw in a5 ballpoint blue

Hi Joan, I meant I was 20 years old, looks like maybe I ate 20 oysters. I probably got one or two down. I closed my mind and went for it. For dry land folks from NM that only ate canned tuna or salmon on Fridays it was a unique experience. :) I like most fish and seafood now after being exposed more in South America.

joe1lt, I like it when you draw the different poses. Eeyore is always welcome!! Very nice job on the fruit, flowers and all. Applause.

I sketched at the physical therapy place yesterday in the travel watercolor sketchbook, Strathmore. Was going to color the landscape at home but......
Number 1 odd - a couple of the exercise machines, confusing to see them not sure which is part of which and left off the arm thing maybe??
Number 2 landscape - maybe I will get it colored, shame to waste the watercolor paper
Number 3 kitten or small animal - tried to get the awful Grackles, they are noisy and pesky but beautiful purple/black with golden highlights sort of like purple martins.

csshfl107odd.jpg

csshfl107landscape.jpg

shfl107animal.jpg

IMG_2344.jpeg
IMG_2345.jpeg
Ai- nice set. I am sure people enjoy seeing you sketch these lively pieces in public.

Joan- wow! All the greys and blues clams are fabulous feast! I moved the last of my indoor stuff yesterday….doing a little happy dance today…Still will move paving step stones and two raised beds in front yard. They are selling the house. I am sure the raised bed in yard will not be an asset. Hope it’s okay if I enclose a photo of my husband clowning around a few years back.

JoC- the weight of your pt equipment is perfect reflection of its environment! (y)

joe1- love the way your sketches tumble and evolve- very pleasing forms to see

1 candle
2 coffee table (with spiral legs -I was tired and didn’t finish them)
3 man made gnome doll- blind and unblind versions
4 nature plant on coffeetable
5 small steel drum on coffee table
IMG_1066.jpeg

Joe, nice sketches...good lines. The strawberries make me want some. :)

Jo, I'm glad you at least attempted to eat the oysters. I love shellfish, but I don't eat regular fish. I have that aversion that you have. I did eat it as a kid, but got sick on it once and that was the end of it for me. lol Nice lines on the exercise equipment. I'm never sure if I sketch the whole thing when it is something unfamiliar like that with pieces in strange locations. Good job on that and the grackles and landscape.

Robin, great fun photo of your husband. He must have had a great sense of humor. Glad you've made a lot of progress with the move...although it sounds like you have heavy, messy things to move yet. Love the gnomes and the collection of objects on the table.

A few items from outdoors before lunch.
5 - small animal - sketch & wash pencil

IMG_4873.jpeg

6 - man-made dock on the right - direct watercolors
7 - nature

IMG_4877.jpeg

8 - umbrella - watercolors and ink

IMG_4875.jpeg

Robin, fun finds. I like the mannequin and gnome. I know what you mean about the table legs. Ha. Fun to see your hubby in his mugshot. Happy you are almost done with the move.

Joan, I like your bird and the landscape. I see a man made truck in there. Excellent umbrella. Love the lines.

I sketched out back of the physical therapy place. Tin barns and iron fence close to the buildings. Our trees are budding out.
Number 4 nature and Number 5 man made. In the big Canson Mix Media book with the Acurite 03 and watercolors. Done sitting in the mobile studio. Next time I think I'll sit on the tailgate end, might have better luck. Even just using waterbrushes it was not convenient. Don't know how Joan does it so well. About 45 minutes.

csshfl107nature-manmade.jpg

Ai - Pretty flowers. The ink sketch looks so delicate. Another glimpse at your beautiful ancient culture with the pavilion. Fountain looks like it adds a bit of peacefulness yo the park

Joan - beautiful colors and shading on the shells. The details in the tool shed are impressive. Lobster roll sounds so good. Have not had one since we left Rhode Island in the mid 90s Had to do a double take to find the dock as my eyes were drawn to the trees. Nice gull and umbrella.

Joe1 - strawberries are well rendered. Like the different views of the dog. Nice candle, candy an pen. Also I love when you draw Eeyore as it always makes me smile.

jo- Nice pen work on the equipment, landscape and birds. Go to PT twice a week but feel I have drawn everything from equipment waiting room. Nice wc landscape.

Robin - Great job on then blind contour gnome. Glad the bulk of the move us over. Moving is the pits. Love the mug shot! 👍🏽

Keep sketching
Fletch.

Thanks very much for nice words.
Jo,Robin,Joan, wonderful job

Digital draw
6 animal,-the return by popular demand of …

2024-03-21 21-11.jpeg

Jo, I love the sketch of the Texas landscape behind the PT place. I think I do better with organizing my materials when I know I'll be sitting outside. When I sit in my "mobile studio" I have things all over and usually under the seat too. lol

Fletch, I snuck a tiny bit of the dock in the corner. I really should have made it bigger but I was painting directly with the watercolors so I couldn't really change it. I couldn't resist sketching the shells since there were so many of them when we were done eating. lol

Joe, your sketches of Eeyore always make me smile...and there are so many of them. Nice lines on your sketches of him.

I met a friend and we went to a robotics competition today.
9 - odd item - watercolors and ink

IMG_4889.jpeg

10 - musical instruments - watercolors and ink (They played during the lunch break.)

IMG_4887.jpeg

11 - xtra item of my choice - watercolors and ink

IMG_4883.jpeg

Joan: Super job on all for the Robot competition, the band, and the gas station. How long did it take you to do the competition one? So many nice details.... so amazing.

Joe1: I love the cute Eaore in brown lines.

Joe - Nice collection of Eeyore sketches. Thanks for the smile.

Joan - Battle robots? Use to love watching the colleges compete with Battle Bots on TV. Nicely painted. Same with the baby and the gas pump. I get to look at all that detail and think…someday.

Ai, Jo, Robin, Ned, lurkers 👋🏽👋🏽

Keep sketching
Fletch

Ai, that one of the competition took me about an hour and a half. It was the final one that I did. I'll post the first one for the day, which didn't fit any items I had left. My friend, Suzala, sketches people really quickly and did about 10 of them...some just ink in ink there. She is filling a sketchbook for the First Robotics. She and her husband have worked with them for years. Rick still volunteers with them on weekends, but Suzala sort of retired from it. Both her kids, who are adults grew up doing robotic since they were in first grade. Now Becca and Logan also volunteer to help out.

Fletch, thanks. Situations like this force me to sketch faster so I can get more into the sketch. The dad of one of the musicians came over and asked if he could take a photo of the sketch. I wasn't finished at that point, but I emailed him a copy when it was done. It is fun to do and I always meet such nice people. These robots don't actually battle..they just compete. They had to toss bright orange rings into something. I'm never sure quite what they are doing. lol I think there were 86 competitions on Friday and then they were continuing all day today.

This was my warm-up sketch for the day...
IMG_4885.jpeg

Hi Fletch, thank you. Yep, the PT place will get old.

joe1lt, aww, thanks for the fun sketches of Eeyore. Great gestures.

Joan, the robotics sketch is super nice. You find interesting details. Ditto with the band. I used to play the baritone like the girl on the right. Like the find of the old gas pump. Applause. Your warm up is great, too. Nice breakfast.

Hi there, Ai.

Have son and daughter in law here from Kentucky. Fun but busy getting together with the rest of the Texas bunch.

Updated the sign up list. Someone might check my math as I have messed up 8 day sequence before.

Also good time to sign up for summmer to cover vacations!
Fletch

Back