Scavenger Hunt #49 Dec 9-17

Jo, thanks. Does the youpon have pointy leaves too? Love all the details in the Christmas tree sketch. Good view out the window. Nice work on the architecture of the dental building and I love that you did the end of the building with the flags.

Ai, I always enjoy seeing the boats and houses along the canals there. Yum...ice cream and green tea. Nice direct watercolors.

Robin, thanks for your comment. Wow...what a striking color for ink. Love the ice cream scoop! We can put you and Ai together and have an ice cream social.

Joe, nice sketch of the pens and pencil. I don't remember my mom having a bacon press. I think with the 5 of us kids she was lucky to get the bacon in the pan before one of us snatched it out. lol

So far nothing from me today. I've been running errands, taking J to the eye doctor and getting a flu shot. I am going out to meet my group in a few minutes. We will be sketching holiday decor that everyone brings. Don't know if anything will fit the hunt items...unless I do associations and my mind doesn't do well with them. If I have something to post I'll be back later.

Jo - Nice hatching on the roof. Flag always gets a thumbs up. Adding touch of color to the flags was an attention grabber.

Robin - Fun associations 👍🏽 ink is attention getter even with unpronounceable name. Good work on the fancy scoop!

Joan work backwards like model - nude - cold. Model on a chair. Model -chair - wooden or old for an old chairs or stool. Hope that helps.

Keep sketching
Joe

Joe, It doesn't look awkward. I agree with Robin, if you look at it in a few weeks, you will probably change your mind. This is a very nice and well drawn sketch. I like the texture of the wooden pencil.

AI, charming watercolours and fantastic line work on chair.

Jo, I like the colour touch on the flags. It gives the ink sketch more life.

Superb sketches Robin. I like the hatching on the ice cream spoon. I like the red ink too.

#3 colourful and #4 fragile

1671112251517.jpg

Sylwia - Talk about colorful! The greenish blue background makes the peppers pop off the page. Like the triangular composition. Eye glows around but always goes back to the peppers

Keep sketching
Joe

Wow, Sylwia...great color that really stands out. Just curious how big is this?

This is from our sketching session last evening.
11 - never drawn before (metallic star) - watercolors, metallic watercolors and ink
12 - old pink ornament (It was among the treasures from the ornaments we had for our tree as kids. I'm surprised it is still in such good shape.)

IMG_1431.jpeg

Robin, your hot made me smile. Great hatching on your items. Pretty ink.

Joan, the youpon has shiny leaves but oval. I'll try for a photo. Your Christmas assortment is so cool. Love the bear/jack in the box and your antique ornament. We had some shaped like that, too. Pretty star. Fun gnome. All fun.

Joe, we are tocayos (Have the same name) and are the babes of the family. Ha.

Sylwia, love the peppers and potatoes? glass and background. Fine!!

Thank you, Joe, Joan, and Jo for your nice words.

Joan – Lovely Christmas assortment. I can imagine your sketch as a Christmas card.

Just curious how big is this?

It't 19 × 14 cm Watercolour book I put on table easel.

wow, you published masterpieces.wonderful job.

never drawn before, shepherd boy of baby jesus.

wooden, a sculpture has been bringing objects home from mine for many years.
glass, a small container of anchovies for pasta.

sketchbook a4 pencil

2022-12-16 11-53_pagina_1.jpg
2022-12-16 11-53_pagina_2.jpg
2022-12-16 11-53_pagina_3.jpg

Joan: Gorgeous golden and all ornament set
Joe1: Love the never sketch before, and the glass
Sylwia-D: Stunning glowing red bell peppers

joe1lt, wow, nice keepsakes. I like your line work. You may keep the anchovies, not to my taste. Ha.

Joan - That composition would make a great
Christmas card! Love the metallic wc as looks so real. Also the little gnome is cute.

Joe1 - I am with jo, my tocayos. Nice line work on keepsakes. You can have my share of anchovies as well. 😁

Keep sketching
Joe

Jo, thanks! I have an assortment of characters to sketch for Christmas...and 4 of them are now gnomes. lol

Sylwia, usually my Christmas card is one of my sketches from the previous year. This is a possibility. Thanks!

Joe 1, good sketches. My husband would love the anchovy jar. He loves them on pizza but I don't let them touch my pizza. lol

Ai, thank you. You have been getting into the holiday spirit lately on FB. Good to see!

Joe, thanks. After I painted my gnome Christmas card at the flower house last year, I bought several smaller stuffed gnomes. Then a friend who liked my card so much, sent me a larger gnome. Now I have 4 of them. lol The metallic wc does look pretty good...better than I expected when I bought it on a whim. I have a gold gel pen but this outshines it.

13 - plastic water bottles and food containers - watercolors and ink
14 - cold drinks
15 - you wear (clothes)
16 - you sit on (chairs)

IMG_1432.jpeg

3 tocayos, Joe, joe1lt and Jo. Fun!!

Joan, awww love the malt shop. Cool idea and excellent detail.

Agree with everyone, Joan... that the Melt Shop sketch is superb... so charming details...

E038924A-0827-4A7D-AE4E-DE925E110F5D.jpeg
6FB4DC77-8E83-4667-863C-12AF19CA4BDE.jpeg
5DA9C434-FE17-4CA6-9DB8-E1D3983D0A9E.jpeg
597ECF66-CD2F-4EC7-BDCE-9D3427CB17D6.jpeg

Colorful
two sided plate
three sided cup inside outside bottom
soothing yerba mate
metal bombidilla for mate
musical christmas is musical celebration
fragile large hand blown ornament

photo of new art bag

Joan - That composition would make a great
Christmas card! Love the metallic wc as looks so real. Also the little gnome is cute.

Joe1 - I am with jo, my tocayos. Nice line work on keepsakes. You can have my share of anchovies as well. 😁

Robin - Love your art bag. It is as creative as you! Is that done in markers or wc? Love the pink. The hatching on the ornament do tells the shape and design. Definitely fragile!

Keep sketching
Joe

Back