Scavenger Hunt #49 Dec 9-17

3. warm-condensing milk low simmer
4 metal whisk
5-never drawn bef-bacon press
9D68C454-25D2-4EF5-B5DA-50C604A43568.jpeg

Robin - an association! Everyone seems to take a pass on them lately. 👍🏽 I have not seen a bacon press in ions. That is a cute one, Love the hatching.

Joan, you caught up in a big way. I love the wooden barn, trees in the red, white and green sketch. The sketch of the brick buildings, fence, etc. is so clever with the folks milling around.

Ai, interesting sketch of the Danish guest house and street. Different for your world.

Sylwia, maybe no taffy but a sweet treat none the less. Nice pistachios, too.

Robin, interesting and well sketched on the ice dispenser and the water jug. you were cooking for the ice cream. Yummy. Love homemade ice cream. Fun bacon press. Bacon is good on anything!!

Hi everyone......

I sketched at the doctor's and at home in the ArtStreet sketchbook with a Micron 02 and added some colored pencil on the bottom sketch.
Number 3 - something I hadn't drawn before -- blood pressure cuff on wall
Number 4 - colorful -- holder for tissues in my purse

csshflcolorful.jpg

Ai, nice sketch of the center of the town and that flag. Looks like a nice place to visit.

Sylwia, thanks. Taffy is a sticky, sweet, chewy candy. It is made by stretching it and I always loved watching that be done in the windows of the taffy shops. Here is a link to a video of it being made. https://www.facebook.com/FoodInside...ing-a-200-year-old-technique/379853073432568/ Your pistachios look delicious. They are one of my favorite nuts and if I have a bag of them I really can't stop eating them.

Joe, thanks!

Robin, nice to have an ice maker for the water mug. Looks like you're preparing something interesting. I like that the bacon press has a pig on it. lol I have cooking and baking to do for the holidays but I need to finish my Christmas cards and put up my tree first.

Jo, thanks. Nice job on the pressure cuff. I had tissue holders like that for a while, but haven't seen them in a very long time. I should look for them. The tissues in my purse are always a mess. lol

Pine Cone, good to see you dropping in. I hope we are going to see your sketch when it is done!

9 - fragile dunes - watercolors

IMG_1425.jpeg

10 - something... (I knew I wasn't going to have a lot of sketch time this weekend, so I grabbed a bit of a holly bush that I saw the other day just in case I had a little free time.)

IMG_1422.jpeg

Oo, so good to see all your sketches!!! 😍😂

Hi everyone 👋

I'll be back to comment soon 📜too — see ya in a bit ☺️
Yay, looking forward to a sketch or two.

Joan, lovely holly. We have youpon here and has red berries like holly. I haven't seen any near our house. Lots by the old house. Your beach/dunes are lovely, too. (as usual, when you paint something you like) The tissue box was a gift. A friend makes them for little gifts. She had some of sports teams, I was happy she gave me the red paisley one!

Nice sketches
Robin. I like the bacon press. Looks adorable.
You have a really nice tissue holder, Jo. Like the colours. Looks pretty.
Joan – thank you for sharing the link about making Taffy. It's really pleasant to watch the whole process, especially stretching.:) Beautiful water scenery with dramatic sky. Pretty holly bush.

#2a hard – ceramic – gouache in watercolours book

1670838880988.jpg

Jo - Pressure cuff was a good find and nicely rendered. Nice cp shading on the tissue holder.

Pine Cone - Nice to hear from you. Hope all is going well. Looking forward to seeing your sketches.

Joan - Love the stormy looking sky over the dunes. Lots of poinsettias are pretty common down here but no holly. 😟

Sylwia - Nice work on the ceramic bowls. The reflections really sell the texture.

Keep sketching
Joe

Sylwia, mmm, I love ceramics and your bowls are so nice. I like the background, too.

Hi, Joe. Thanks.

I sketched at the doctors office, I'm good to go for 6 months.
Number 5 something - the tree in the lobby. Sketched with Micron 02 and added colored ink at home with Micron 005 and Zig Millennium 05
Number 6 warm - out the window, it was about 74 degrees F today
Number 7 plastic - my purse on the window cushion. Fake leather so probably plastic of some sort.

csshfl49something.jpg

csshfl49plastic.jpg

Jo - the hatching on the window scape and purs are nice but the color ink really draws me. Love the tree! We’re the candy canes candy or ornaments?

Keep sketching
Joe

Jo I like the colourful and fabulous tree with so many details, but the black and white ink window scape is my favourite.

I went for a check up ...en route, I took about 1.5 hour detour to sketch part of old town of west side of Bangkok called Morn Canal... about 30 min. in directwatercolor

#7 wooden -- Thai long tail boat ...the boat did went by too fast for me ... so the boat sketch was partial from memory

#8 fragile -- the old wooden house across canal

20221214_162127.jpg

20221214_193626.jpg

Another 30 min. in my fav. ice cream shop nearby ...
# 9 cold -- ice cream
# 10 similar chair I sit on at the shop
# 11 warm --green tea +milk cream
20221214_145816.jpg

20221214_153044.jpg

20221214_194416.jpg

Last edited:
Ai - Love getting glimpses of Thailand through your posts. Glad we gave you a reason to stop for ice cream. The line work on the chair is stunning. Hope the results of your checkup are all good.

Last edited:
Ai- wow, that thai sweet sketch is striking! Adore your blind contour and one color layered reindeer sketches I enjoy coffee shop sketching. Succulent watery tapas sketch. I envy your quaint watercolor Hua Hin. Nice canal, ice ream, cupppa set

sylwia- wowsie! Great candy forms You are the queen of colored backgrounds. I am learnin how much they add. Dynamic bowls.

Jo C- oh my.....Jo I feel your love for Gene in the sketch of his garment! Art is an awesome comic at or. Glad you get some sketching in at dr office. I know others enjoy seeing you doing it. The time flies every time I begin setting pen to paper in public....something clicks....Sweet Christmas’s tree love the peppermint bow on top.

Joan. Great job on trees around pavillion....I think green are tricky to work with. Your sketches are well done and catch so many nice moments

Joe Fl- thanks for hosting...I am glad you put up the association challenge again ..I hated I missed that facet last time...

Pine Cone and EP - looking forward to a glimpse from your angle : >}

Thank you for your kind words on my sketches: Joe, Robin, Jo, Joe1, Joan, Sylwia-

Jo: The Christmas tree sketch is stunning. The lady colorful clutch/tissue holder is also gorgeous. Great work on the purse on the sofa.

Robin: All are great but I so LOVE that never been sketch before ... super cute bacon press...

Joan: Amazing dune scene.... wonderful holly for jolly time.

Sylwia: Super fine job of ceramic piece in gouache... perfect shine !!!

PineCone & other: Hello.

Robin - added you for #57 and 60. Thanks. I keep going back looking at the bacon press remembering my Mom and the bacon press she had. It was round, fit in a big cast iron skillet and must have weighed 3 or 4 lbs. Thanks for the memory Robin.

#1 plastic
#2 metal
#3 wood
3 pencils mostly in ink but the metal one i went with gray sharpie in my pocket sketchbook. Should have stayed with the Sharpie pens and used black for metal one using light spaced marks. Lesson learned as the mix of looks awkward.

A9F4E587-5B80-4B7A-ADF6-75B4E2A81F6B.jpeg

Keep sketching
Joe

Last edited:
Jo - the hatching on the window scape and purs are nice but the color ink really draws me. Love the tree! We’re the candy canes candy or ornaments?

Keep sketching
Joe
Joe, they were stuffed like the bear and Santa. Such a cute tree for a doctors office. Thanks. Your pencil pen sketch is great. I think the gray added texture and made them different. Nice work.

Thanks all.

Ai, beautiful boat and old house. Wow. The ice cream lookls so yummy and the chair is excellent! Mmm, fun mug of tea and with cream. My favorite way to have tea which I don't drink often.

It was dentist today. I think we are through for a while, still need the last of the implants put in after the first of the year. Yay...
Number 8 glass - windows
Number 9, drab - the building is beige, beige and brown with some tin on the top level. Attractive but drab in color.
Number 10, flag - USA and Texas
Number 11, metal - poles and sculptured bears close to the lamp post.

In the ArtStreet sketchbook with the Micron 02, color added at home with Zig Millennium pens.

csshfl49drab.jpg

csshfl49flag.jpg

Joe F -I think the grey metal one looks perfect....look at it in a few weeks and you will,probably see .... Yep we do give each other unexpected special feeling gifts here . Glad you remembered your mom. I am sure she was a good mom cause you are a good gentleman and they are scarce these days.

6 hot association- hot weather brings out bugs
7 soft serve ice crean doesn’t require one of these
8 hard to remember the color and name brand names but this pilot ink is great stuff and the bottle is exceptional beautiful
FA607441-D5C5-45E3-BC57-CB51ADBF5E1B.jpeg

Joe F -I think the grey metal one looks perfect....look at it in a few weeks and you will,probably see .... Yep we do give each other unexpected special feeling gifts here . Glad you remembered your mom. I am sure she was a good mom cause you are a good gentleman and they are scarce these days.
I was the youngest of 6 (3 boys - 3 girls) so she had practice.😂

Back