Scavenger Hunt #17 March 18 - March 27

The small bag with an upper layer that slides down over bottom section to make a stable holder for drawing tools...thought it might be interesting ...I really like using it when at home and out and about.

Joan ..fabulous boat scene...I envy you your environment ..I am glad an artist can enjoy all that neat stuff!

EP...lovely sketch scene outdoors...so cohesive and connected and harmonious!! I enjoy playing the uke too. Just strumming or plucking a few notes makes me feel so settled musical,hahaha, but I love it a lot .....music and art can be so satisfying at each level of development.....I think life should be like that......

HI all you bestest buddy art lurkers......hope you get a little moment to create something for us.

Ai— you are awesome living breathing artist .....I mean how many of us would stop to pick up a sketch book on the way to emergency room! And then sketch your own hand with IV drip...I hope you get to feeling better.

EP, lots of good sketching there. Nice use of the markers to give everything form.

Robin, nice sketches! I like your cozy indoor scene and that great striped pen case with the funky attachment that made me smile. I had a pencil holder with a top that folded down but I haven't seen it for a while. Thanks for your comments!

Joan, ha, I guess Blick's requires a stop. None near us. Nice feather, paint and button.

EP, that blue uke is striking! Fun arrangement and nice line shadows on the collection of purse, etc.

Robin, happy to see your sketches. Nice people. Love the scene with your feet up. Makes me smile.

Fun stuff to see here. I took a day off from the computer/phone. I didn't miss much other than here. Smiling.

Waited for Gene at PT and sketched the last two pages in the Canson regular paper 5.5 x 8.5 inch pages with a Sharpie. Finished a sketchbook!! Started in 2014.

About 10 minutes each. The car should be longer, it looks like a compact and wasn't. Sigh...
Number 3, vehicle and Number 4, outdoor scene.

csshfl17vehicle.jpg

csshfl17outdoor.jpg

Joan, nice sketch. What a treat to be near a Dick Blick store although I would probably buy way too much!

EP, nice finish to the uke and your combo still life. Very nice.

Jo, what a lovely finish to your sketch book. Wow, started in 2014!

Jo, Blick is about 40 minutes from me, but luckily in a direction that I pass once in a while. Other than that we have Michael's or Hobby Lobby which just aren't the same. Congrats on finishing a sketchbook! I think you designed a nice compact car! I like the outdoor sketch with the barnes and house.

Anne, I try to keep a list of what I really need, especially colors of paint...but then I usually forget the list. I like to roam around and see what else I "need" when I'm there.

7 - has feathers - one is graphite and one is watercolor
IMG_9755.jpeg

8 - gate or fence - watercolors and ink

IMG_9757.jpeg

9 - outdoor seating - ink

IMG_9751.jpeg

10 - rock - graphite

IMG_9758.jpeg

Wow, Joan. Love your beach sketches. Clever and fun to find a variety of the items.

Thanks all on the nice comments.

Joan, wonderful sketches. I especially like the fence.

I finished a couple.
#1 fence
#2 basket

I'm getting better typing on the cell phone but I will be very glad to get my computer back!

20220323_093202.jpg

Last edited:
Heya ,

You all do great sketches and lots in Color , cool.
A new Hunt a new quick mono- Graphite doodling . As known a turn and search thing … 2 or 3 are missing others in ..
F754C131-CD23-4C3E-96D9-6AC17BBB816F.jpeg

Cheers from here W.P. … spring is up +20c … swim Tanga is the new trend 😳👍🤷‍♂️

Lovely seeing everyone’s sketches

just glad to be here together sketching

Jo congrats on finishing a sketch book begun 2014....that’s pretty cool

white pen, nice grouping of sketches. I like the full page jumble
composition

ams, lovely fence and sweet basket sketch but warm and friendly

Anne, your lines on the fence and basket are so nice. Love your shading always.

WP, I will be hunting your items for a while. I like the feather and outdoor scene. Also the exercise. Always fun to see and well done. The beach chair and umbrella!

Robin, I like your purchase, I really like cashews but hardly ever give in to them. Fun chairs in and out and a kitty bonus!

Number 5, flower - sub the cactus pears on this strange cactus. Watercolor.

csshflflower.jpg

I did a few sketches while waiting for Gene and then the last at the car wash.
In the 9 x 12 Canson regular paper sketchbook with a Sharpie. Red added with Micron 02.

Number 5 sculpture and 6 fence. I substituted the plastic play-scape for sculpture.
Number 7 has buttons, radio and Number 8 has zipper, purse
Number 9 container or something you cook (with), antique pop corn popper

csshfl17fence.jpg

csshfl17buttons.jpg

csshfl17container.jpg

White pen, lovely collection of little sketches. They are a hunt in themselves.

Jo, I like your substitute cactus and the collection in the second post too.

RobinSusan, wonderful sketches, especially the last one of th chair with throw pillows.

Jo, thanks! You have a nice variety of items. Love that antique popcorn maker...I think I can smell the popcorn thru the computer. Nice colorful cactus flower.

Anne, thank you. Nice weaving on that basket and texture on the fence!! Lovely shading on the folding wallet and the makeup case with the zipper. I am sure you will be happy to get your computer back soon.

WP, love your page of sketches. I'm focusing on that umbrella and the beach chair...I think it is calling me.

Robin, great sketches. That heavy chair with the blanket looks like such a comfortable place to sit!

11 - makes me happy - watercolors
0324 bridge view.jpeg

12 - relaxes me - watercolors
IMG_9759.jpeg

Thanks everyone.

Anne, love your wallet. I ordered a new one and they sent a clutch purse. Lovely shading on yours.

Joan, we know what you love and I see a flag that I love. Ha. Very good beach scenes.

I did one sketch at PT. In a small 5.5 x 8.5 Canson Mix Media book with a Sharpie fine line marker/pen.
Number 10 - contains water.

csshfl17water.jpg

Back