Scavenger Hunt #17 March 18 - March 27

Joan T

Scavenger Hunt #17 : March 18 – March 27

Welcome to the Scavenger Hunts from Life. The Hunts were started in 2006 by Jamie Williams Grossman as a way to practice with prompts. Artists have come and gone while forming some lasting friendships. We hope you will join in and tune up your sketching skills. All levels and techniques are welcome. We hope you can have some good times here. You can travel the world seeing the sketches of items at hand by the artists.
If you’ve participated in at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one we would really appreciate it. You can sign up by posting your name on the current hosting schedule in the Art From Life forum here:
https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-host-sign-up-list.2481/
Here are the rules for the Hunt:
*All everyday common items on the list must be sketched from life – not imagination or photo reference.
*Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed on by unanimous vote among the participants.
*You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count these objects as separate items, but no single object can count for more than one item.
*All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.
*Do as many or as few of the items as you like. You don’t have to finish the entire list to participate. The Scavenger Hunt “week” will last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.
*Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you for each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are welcome.
*Have fun!
*** If you have some hunt sketches completed but little time to read/comment, please post your sketches anyway. Commenting is appreciated but not required.

Scavenger Hunt #17: March 18 – March 27

A piece of clothing

A container or basket

A vehicle

Something that folds

Something that has a zipper

Something that has a button

Something that has feathers

Something light in weigh

Something heavy in weight

Something that makes you happy

An outdoor scene

An indoor scene

Something you can cook

Something you use for cleaning

Something that relaxes you

Used for exercise

The last thing you bought

A shadow from something

A gate or fence

A gift you received

Outdoor seating

A flower

A rock or boulder

Contains water

A statue or sculpture

Fuzzy

Smooth

No challenge…just enjoy yourself!

Hi Joan, thanks for the new list. I just made a few pieces for the hunt that ends tomorrow :)

I just went into a hospital, it turns out I have severe throat infection ...Thanks goodness not the COVD one... but anyway, I brought a small sketchbook just in case of long waiting ... the MD has ordered me an injection thru a tiny size IV fluid (as for my last purchase). I am feeling better now...it is also comfort to know that I wont get my family risk of COVD.
#1 indoor
#2 last purchase
March18_2022_h17_indoor.jpg

March18_2022_h17_lastPurchase.jpg

thank you very much for the list, Ai, nice drawings, sorry you were sick, I hope it will be over soon.
happy that at least they have reassured you that it is not covid, and therefore you do not have to be afraid of infecting your loved ones. wishes for a speedy recovery

Ai, whew, hope you recover quickly. Spooky to have hospital sketches for an emergency. Take care. I like your lines and items. Good for no covid.

I missed sketching for the last hunt.....but I did enjoy looking at everybody’s work And comments.

Ai— Hope you get well soon .

Ai, wish you had a nicer "last purchase." I hope the IV meds made you feel better. Glad to hear it isn't covid so you don't have to worry about everyone else in the family too. Good job on the indoor sketch. That is a sign of a real sketcher when you bring along your sketchbook to help pass the time. Please get well quickly and stay that way!

Jo, EP, Joe 1, Robin and Anne, Hi! My company that was visiting from 🤠 (Texas) have left and I should have time for sketching again.

1 - vehicle - watercolors and ink
IMG_9731.jpeg

Ai - sorry you were unwell but how fortunate that the IV was in your non-dominant hand so you could sketch it, lol
Joan - fantastic fishboat sketch!

EP, oh, I like your outdoor scene and vehicle. Very clever in style. Applause! The uke is fun and a neat idea for the perspective.

Ai, hope you are feeling better.

Beautiful baseball weather here. So off to the game and day!

I may not be able to comment much for the next couple of weeks. My computer is being sent out for repair so I'm using my phone.

EP, thanks. I like your outdoor scene with several vehicles...you get bonus points! Great closeup of the use...we are still waiting to hear you play.

Anne, I know what you mean. Commenting on the phone isn't easy. I personally hit ALL the wrong keys on the phone so it takes me extra time.

4 - last thing I bought (I was near Blick's so I had to stop.) - watercolors and ink
5 - light in weight (feather)
6 - has a button
IMG_9745.jpeg

Back