Rooster using Brusho Crystals

KreativeK

Brusho Rooster.jpg

Last month I did this rooster with some fun in mind. 12×9 watercolor and Brusho watercolor crystals on Grumbacher 140 lb cold press paper . I’ve used two red Brusho colors for the rooster’s comb and a brown and grey Brusho in the white feathers. Background is a combination of permanent alizarin crimson (Winsor Newton) and phthalo green (Dick Blick). I used my photo of friends' white rooster named Snowball.
Critique/comments welcome.

That is truly gorgeous. It makes me want to use bold colours again; right now I am going through a black and almost non-existent colour phase in the 5 paintings I am working on simultaneously.

Lovely! That background works perfectly against the red. Love how you've painted the feathers too.

Great Kay. I like the dark abstract background too.

Anne

I think I can learn from that rooster: it's so clever to be using Brusho Crystals.

Kay, WOW WOW WOW .. you made Snowball 🐔 look sooo handsome! This is an amazing piece.

brilliant tones... red is quite difficult color to achive with depth, I find it quite good... :)

This is a beauty Kay ! That red is absolutely luscious ! Really creative and highly skilled work here. What a pleasure to look at ! Made my morning :)

Beautiful rooster. Heard about brusho, interesting stuff, but I am in a self imposed ban on buying more art supplies....:ROFLMAO:

Back