Roman baths at Bath

Grampy

This is from our visit just before the lockdown to the Roman Baths in the city of Bath. We were lucky whilst we were there they were emptying the Bath. I must say the plumbing and drainage is amazing to say it is 2000+ years old. This is acrylic on 24”x16”hardboard.
C146B0A3-5840-4EDF-BC27-8B33A166422E.jpeg

C&C Welcome
Steve.

Thanks Bongo, I right enjoyed all the fine detailing once I got into it.
Steve.

Thanks Bongo, it probably felt like that at times. But it took about 40 hours over a two week period.
Steve.

This is gorgeous. You do love detail. I like the composition and perspective. Very peaceful but the shapes make it exciting/interesting at the same time.

My thoughts exactly! 40 hours over a 2 week period is amazing.:cool:

Beautifully painted with amazing detail.
Thank you Anne, there were times when I got stuck on certain part and I struggled to get it right, it did feel like years. But then next morning it would click and then it would flow.
Steve.

That's an impressive amount of detail! You have a lot of patience. Its a beautiful painting. :)

Wow! Amazing detail and perspective! The color values are also soooo good! I am particularly impressed with how incredibly fast you accomplished all this. It has re-established how I'm the slowest painter this side of the Mississippi.

Wow! Amazing detail and perspective! The color values are also soooo good! I am particularly impressed with how incredibly fast you accomplished all this. It has re-established how I'm the slowest painter this side of the Mississippi.
Thanks Artyczar your comments are very much appreciated. When I go into my little workshop/studio I can lose myself and my wife Karen has to call me in for tea.
Steve.

Wow. Like all your work, incredible!

Just ... out of curiosity and in awe of your artistic prowess, could you paint something 'out of focus' ... titled like, how a person might see a harbour all fuzzy, without their spectacles? Ha haaa?

Back