Lusty & Friends

Grampy

My son was a helicopter air crewman in the Royal Navy and asked me to do some paintings of helicopters. here is on HMS Illustrious, affectionately referred to as Lusty. Acrylic on 24"x16" MDF board, painted about 3 years ago.
017 - Lusty & friends  21 June 2018.jpeg

Althought this is about 3 years old C&C is welcome as always.
Steve.

Terri. Thank you, yes but I had to frame it.
Lazarus. Thanks, getting the colours right was my hardest job.
Anne. Thank you.
Steve.

Nice! All that straight lines must be hard to nail. Haha. Well done!

Thanks Dm7, with straight lines you can’t be scared of it, it’s just paint. You set a pace and go for it, but slow down and you’re lost it.
Steve.

Reactions: Dm7
At first glance I would have sworn it was a photo. Fantastic job with what I consider a very difficult subject.

Wow, such skill for realism. The composition is very nice too! I'm really not sure if I would have widened the background or not, as I too often make the subject go off the edges. I might like it like this/have chosen to do this as well. It's really fantastic. :)

Wow, such skill for realism. The composition is very nice too! I'm really not sure if I would have widened the background or not, as I too often make the subject go off the edges. I might like it like this/have chosen to do this as well. It's really fantastic. :)
Thanks Artyczar, I know what you mean, but all my work is done from photographs and that was the one he wanted.
Steve.

'Fine art' is not enough to describe
your work mate, 'Refined Art' more like!
Wow. Enormous!

Back