Plein air still life with geraniums

Kyle Martin

IMG_0664.jpeg

Hello Friends,
Here is a still life that I painted on my moms patio table, in her back yard. She celebrated her 70th bday in June and I noticed her lovely geranium basket that was on the table and I returned the next week to paint them. I added a white enamel pitcher that I bought off eBay. I’d recommend one like this to paint because it reflects a lot of the colors around it. There is also a little green vase/bottle that I thrifted and a jar of apple butter.
In the video below you will see that I’m also a new dad, and I’m very proud to finally join the club.
Thank you for looking.
The painting is 24”x20” and is oil on canvas.
(Ps the audio is bad in the fist couple minutes of the video)

Congratulations on the arrival of Violet! 🥰 You’re going to be a great dad, Kyle, and I wish your family all the best! Your still life is gorgeous with all the beautiful reflected light you portrayed around your mom’s geraniums. The glass bottle was perfect for that set-up!

Thank you, Donna! I have always heard about how having a child changes the world for the better, and now I know what it means. Violets mom, Corbin, and I are over the moon to be a family.
Thank you for the kind words about the still life as well. I really enjoyed this one and I am excited to have it for my next show. And I also love painting green bottles.
Have a great night,
Kyle

View attachment 32931
Hello Friends,
Here is a still life that I painted on my moms patio table, in her back yard. She celebrated her 70th bday in June and I noticed her lovely geranium basket that was on the table and I returned the next week to paint them. I added a white enamel pitcher that I bought off eBay. I’d recommend one like this to paint because it reflects a lot of the colors around it. There is also a little green vase/bottle that I thrifted and a jar of apple butter.
In the video below you will see that I’m also a new dad, and I’m very proud to finally join the club.
Thank you for looking.
The painting is 24”x20” and is oil on canvas.
(Ps the audio is bad in the fist couple minutes of the video)
Hi Kyle. Just lovely. Gentle on the eyes, balanced with lovely detail. That bottle is super.

Congratulations, Dad! I hope you have an amazing fatherhood!

Oh, and the still life is nice, too- I have that exact same pitcher, I think- it's tucked away with a bunch of old kitchen utensils, I think. Nice reflected light in this work.

Congratulations and welcome to the Dad club - and happy birthday to Joan!

Really outstanding still life. I saw in one of the other videos that you use Lukas `1862 - me too.

Hi Kyle. Just lovely. Gentle on the eyes, balanced with lovely detail. That bottle is super.
Thank you MurrayG, I love all green glass bottles, and am developing a pretty nice collection! I’ve been painting more still life this summer than normal just so I can be close to home and not always be driving around to paint. It is cool how life serves such variety

Congratulations, Dad! I hope you have an amazing fatherhood!

Oh, and the still life is nice, too- I have that exact same pitcher, I think- it's tucked away with a bunch of old kitchen utensils, I think. Nice reflected light in this work.
Thank you JStarr, I’ll tell Joan you said happy bday! I love that pitcher, I’ve painted it a couple of times now and it was a great investment. I actually got the idea to paint an enameled pitcher from seeing some of John Ebersberger’s paintings. He handles color quite nicely and I hope you have a nice day!

Congratulations and welcome to the Dad club - and happy birthday to Joan!

Really outstanding still life. I saw in one of the other videos that you use Lukas `1862 - me too.
Thank you, Bongo, I might even have this one sold. Yes, I love the Lukas paint. If it was good enough for van Gogh it is good enough for me lol. With the prices of all supplies rising so much, it is good to know there is still good supplies for a reasonable cost. My favorite brushes are Jerry’s private label as well, pro stormy synthetics. They remind me of a Princeton 6100 but they are waaaay less expensive. Happy painting!

Beautiful sunny painting, I really like the arrangement. Lovely light and I especially like the glass bottle.

And congratulations! 🙂

Fabulous! How did I miss this one? Your glass bottle is gorgeous, and the reflections from the pitcher are to die for. Beautiful!

Congrats on being a new dad! ❤️

Back