Sight size drawing fundamentals for plein air

Kyle Martin

Hi Everyone,
Here is a drawing video for working from life. I did the drawing demo while looking through the phone, which was recording, so that you could see it from my eyes.
Happy Holidays,
Kyle

The warm light on the barn is just beautiful, Kyle. Thanks again for another video - I always learn something. Happy holidays to you too!

Great video - with much improved sound quality. I like to use sight size, but in the city, it's often not possible to put the easel where you'd like.,.

I hold a brush in my left hand and use the end to measure, then hold that measurement up to the canvas and make the marks with the painting brush in my right hand. I find it more convenient and accurate than using one brush and having to flip it around to make a mark.

Great video - with much improved sound quality. I like to use sight size, but in the city, it's often not possible to put the easel where you'd like.,.

I hold a brush in my left hand and use the end to measure, then hold that measurement up to the canvas and make the marks with the painting brush in my right hand. I find it more convenient and accurate than using one brush and having to flip it around to make a mark.
Hi Bongo, that is a great way to do it. As long as the proportions are correct it’s all good.
Have a great holiday

I love this video! The dogs and the jazz made it extra special!!! Excellent one Kyle. :) ♥️

Back