Phase 1

Bongo

This is a path that leads to Gas Works Park. Lots of potential Plein Air paintings along here imo

PA.jpg

The sun stays low in the sky this time of year, and when the clouds clear you can get spectacular lighting effects.
Pb.jpg

This photo doesn't capture the full effect. The lighting was already shifting by the time I sketched it in
Pc.jpg

getting it blocked in, when it started to drizzle and looked like rain coming
Pd.jpg

Yup. Time to pack up.
Pf.jpg

I wasn't happy with the composition anyway, so a day later I decided to go back and try again
This is right next to the overpass
Pg.jpg

challenging - but thought I give this a go, rather than re-do the other composition.
Ph.jpg

Working fast to beat (another) drizzle/rain, and scrambling to pack my gear.
Pi.jpg

got wet some, but salvageable --

Phase 1 oil on 18"x14" panel
Phase1x.jpg

I'm sorry you're such a rain magnet but look at the great piece you painted! I would never in a million years attempt that view because it's so complex but you definitely have a knack for it. Are you calling this one done or will you attempt to beat the rain again?

I am WILD about this Bongo. I hate that I am so enthusiastic about so many of your paintings. It probably starts to sound disingenuous by now, but I do love this and see it at the top of your gooders. Superb!

Enyaw, Donna, Ayin - thank you always appreciated

Donna - I can't take credit for the rain, it's a "feature" of Seattle this time of year. It's actually snowing here now - which doesn't happen too often - so I'm calling it done and moving on.

That’s some good painting. You’re very ambitious with the scenes you pick. I admire your attitude to tackle and learn. Does Phase II include the Bridge?

I love detail but I would have never attempted that one. You've done yourself proud. Love it. ❤️

Patrick, Snoball - thank you, thank you - you two are CreativeSpark's god and goddess.

I'm going to go back and see if I can't come up with some better composition with the bridge. Find some different angles. At times there are some terrific lighting effects there too.

Back