Pencil Head

Flowercat

Currently the only art i have done recently, are little sketches(mostly faces) on scrap papers.
I just get too easily bored wiht everthing else.
Here is one of these sketches. I made it today, wiht just a pencil and a crappy eraser for smudges.
I didnt use a refrence

Any advise and ideas are welcome

_20221116_224849.JPG

She looks sad. I do the same thing, when I know I should be making something, but not sure what, just start doing basic drawing for face, eyes, lips, hands, etc. Sometimes I print out the alphabet in block letters just for the exercise and to improve my lettering. Sometimes random cubism. You're in good (or bad) company. :)

Agree with Zen. If this is where your mind is these days, then you are wise to just go with it. Make your little sketches and don't worry about doing more. When you're ready, you'll find yourself doing something different without stressing about it. :)

I love your sketches!

I like your style. My advice is to focus more on your values. Aside from the eyes and line of the nose, everything is pretty much the same value, which can make a piece look flat. Getting your darks dark and your highlights bright can really make your piece pop.

I like this one very much! I also get easily bored. I draw a lot on copy paper and use crayon (crayola) with sharpie markers when I want some color. - I do this when I'm bored or just want something really quick. So, you're not alone at all.

I like your style. My advice is to focus more on your values. Aside from the eyes and line of the nose, everything is pretty much the same value, which can make a piece look flat. Getting your darks dark and your highlights bright can really make your piece pop.
Yes, i know i need to work more on values. Making contrast is something i still struggle wiht quite a bit.

Back