Pastel Shih Tzu

Jo Castillo

Supporting Member
One of the local restaurants, 602 Brew Pub, has paint night on Thursdays. Gene(spouse) and I went and I painted. I get 15% discount on my meal and a free beer that they make. I don't drink beer so miss on that. I do have a glass of wine. Couldn't decide what to paint tonight. I had a wiped off 8 x 10 piece of Pastelbord. I found a cute photo of our grand-dog Chewie (Chewbacca) and went with that. It is pretty dark in there but I liked the result. I did have to darken the eyes when we got home. Dinner was very good, too.

chewie-800.jpg

jo-paint-602.jpg

gene-paintnight.jpg

I must say I am not a pet lover but the coloring is very nice and attractive. Good you had a good night out too. Even the pooch looks cute.

JStarr, my daughter grooms him herself, musta bought the bow.

snoball, thank you. Two hearts back at you.

CaliAnn, it was a good time. Chewie is so cute .. worthless but cute.
They have another, Reese, but she is so black you can't tell which way she is going if her eyes aren't open.

Enyaw, thank you. The Mungyo set doesn't have dark colors so had to get some when I got home for the eyes. Dark purple. I never like black on it's own.

Artyczar, it was a good night. Will try to do it every Thursday. Took watercolors the first time, but I'm not really a watercolor kinda person. Learning. Pastels are a bit more to carry, that is why I used the little set. The box of 64 is about 9 x 12 inches and the pastels are about an inch and a half long little cubes.

Thanks all y'all. Make my day.

What a beautiful painting of an adorable little dog! The background is so nicely done too. Way to go Jo! Thanks for the photos of you and Gene. It’s nice to see you having a good time.
🙂

Donna T, thank you. It was fun. I hate my photo as I age. Many more wrinkles than Gene. I hate to spoil the illusion. Ha, ha.

This is an adorable portrait. I love his expression and the way you've given depth to the fur with those lovely shades of blue. I also like the photos of the two of you 🙂

A paint night sounds like such a good idea. I wonder if anywhere near me does one!

Triduana, we have a pretty good art league and the members seem to try everything. You might check around for something like that. One of the artists started this paint night. A few of us started the group in 1997. I'm still a member but not active. I spent too much time on the group instead of my own art. Now I just paint for fun. You can see the group as it is now at lostpinesartcenter.org

That's beautiful, Jo!

I must disclose that I am somewhat bias. My late dog was a Shih tzu.

I have a book about Shih tzu, and there is a photo of a chocolate brown dog, a Championship winner, and it looks just like Chewbacca! The costume character, that is, not your lovely little dog.

That's beautiful, Jo!

I must disclose that I am somewhat bias. My late dog was a Shih tzu.

I have a book about Shih tzu, and there is a photo of a chocolate brown dog, a Championship winner, and it looks just like Chewbacca! The costume character, that is, not your lovely little dog.
Awww, love the puppy with long hair. Our granddogs are groomed with short hair. Our daughter has two, Chewie and a black one named Reese. Thanks for the story.

Back