Park Vista

Yes, I remember having to drink a whole bottle of Manischewitz before even feeling a slight buzz. Ha ha ha. "Man oh man, whatta weak wine!" :ROFLMAO:

I love your painting! Thanks for sharing your setup and process with us, it's always interesting to see how different artists work. Grat work on all those straight lines and angles, and especially all those windows.

thanks Triduana - I have to get a mahl stick. I saw on Jerry's Artarama they have one that breaks down into 3 pieces - which would be good for traveling.

Lovely result. That's what I love about plein air, it's always challenging and makes it much more memorable. I remember more details about my vacation/day if I do some plein air paintings. Funny, but true. I remember how the weather was, the crowd if there's one, and how I felt on that day. Everything down to the details. On the other hand, on the days I don't paint, I don't remember anything. 🤣 Anyway, it looks like you beat your bad omen and got something good from it. Great job!

thanks Triduana - I have to get a mahl stick. I saw on Jerry's Artarama they have one that breaks down into 3 pieces - which would be good for traveling.

I got a mahl stick once and it was useless. I don't know why, but it just didn't work for me. I thought it would be great for oil painting, but it just sucked so I sold it. :( It was about 40 bucks.

Bongo, this came out really great! I enjoyed seeing your progress shots to see how you developed this, I always forget to do that once I get wrapped up in what I am painting. Thanks for sharing.

Lovely result. That's what I love about plein air, it's always challenging and makes it much more memorable. I remember more details about my vacation/day if I do some plein air paintings. ...
Thank you, and yes when you do a painting you'll remember the place, and in the future if you go back to the place you'll remember the painting. The ancient Greeks used the "loci technique" to memorize speeches - taking a walk while reciting a speech.. then when they recalled the walk, they recalled the speech.

Arty - $40. is ridiculous to pay for a mahl stick when you can use a cut off mop handle, dowel, broom stick etc for free. only reason I'm considering paying $16. for one is the take-apart feature.

Thanks Joan T - I see youtube videos where the guy shows himself walking to the location, setting up, etc. - think what it would require to film yourself doing that!

You're right about the mahl stick Bongo, but I got it a long time ago (years) and it's gone now. I resold it for 20 bucks.

Thanks for including the progress and kit pics; that's always interesting to me and on these pics I can easily see what holds the canvas at the top. I like the end product too - nice work.

Nice job on this! All those windows would have stopped me from trying this view.

Had to laugh at the Ripple info. I can remember drinking it in the car right before we went out...once even sitting parked on Madison Ave in NYC. My brother would be impressed that it goes for $200 a bottle now.

Back