Over Yonder

Donna T

An abstract landscape maybe? 7x10 acrylic, NeoColors and pencil on watercolor paper.

IMG_3313pscs.jpg

I think it's beautiful... I just love those colours and how dreamy it all looks. 🙂

It has a landscape feel but the color holds the pice together. Very nice abstract quality to it.

Oh Donna, you blow me away with the moods you create! This is so beautiful and soothing to me. I just want to float away in your painting! ❤️

JUST GORGEOUS!!! It's so calming and serene. I love how exquisite this is. Really great, successful work! ♥️

Well thank you all for such an enthusiastic response to this one! I never know how an abstract will be received because I never really know what I'm doing. When in doubt, wipe it out! 😄 You all are such a kind group of people! 🥰

I won't be painting much in the near future because both of my wrists are messed up. It hurt to do the few brushstrokes needed for this little piece. I have braces to wear to stabilize my joints but I can't use a paintbrush very well with them on. At the moment I'm waiting for a referral to a hand surgeon, then I'll wait for an appointment, then I'll wait for x-rays and test results, then I'll wait for a surgical date. If I'm lucky I will be able to have one hand or the other fixed so that I can open paint tubes and apply paint to paper again. I actually miss doing housework and washing dishes but mostly I miss being able to paint!

I won't be painting much in the near future because both of my wrists are messed up. It hurt to do the few brushstrokes needed for this little piece. I have braces to wear to stabilize my joints but I can't use a paintbrush very well with them on. At the moment I'm waiting for a referral to a hand surgeon, then I'll wait for an appointment, then I'll wait for x-rays and test results, then I'll wait for a surgical date. If I'm lucky I will be able to have one hand or the other fixed so that I can open paint tubes and apply paint to paper again. I actually miss doing housework and washing dishes but mostly I miss being able to paint!
that sucks .. but hold tightly to the hope and let it hold you through the wait .. I wish you a speedy and successful recovery so you can again be who you want to be. ♥️♥️♥️

Oh no! That is just awful. I want this all to go quickly so you can get back to making your beautiful art! I'm so sorry you are in pain. :(

Sorry about your wrists! 🙁
I like the color combination, but I'm puzzled by the rectangular red outline on the right. It almost looks like you're drawing attention to something? Still, a lovely picture!

--Rich

Thanks Jo.

Rich, I think the red outlines were put there to try to keep me from veering too far into a realistic landscape. It's so easy to do when I see rocks and trees in just about everything. The same thing with the little turquoise spot - it's just a pop of interesting color with no particular meaning. I left the little pink spots floating up on the right because they add interest and I was trying not to get too literal with the "trees." Thanks so much for your comment! It's really helpful to me to know how something like this is perceived.

I love those colours and how they seamlessly merge. Your landscapes and abstracts want to converge, maybe. Our inability (to paint or whatever) forces us to be creative.

So sorry to hear about your wrists hurting like this, Donna. That really sucks. I'm glad you're getting it looked at and I hope you get a good result that lets you get back to all your activities. Painting as well as housework! ;) Keep us posted. ❤️

You're doing beautiful work!

Sorry to hear you are in such discomfort Donna. Hope things get better for you soon.

Interesting mash of colors! They blend, mesh and intertwine beautifully. ❤️

Back