Our Furry Little Friend Puts Some Hairs On End

Thanks! Those are also beautiful spiders, remind me of a species I've seen in Yugoslavia, the wasp spider.

The white marking on the thorax remind me of traditional SE Asian masks, although I only have a passing familiarity, even the red and black are commonly used, are they not. The first work reminds me of a snarling tiger.
Thanks for sharing, Des!

Wow, those other spiders are amazing. I've never seen spiders like that before. I'm impressed, although they look poisonous.

☝That's the fertile (or should one say febrile?) imagination of the artist for you.:D

Another SE Asian spider. I don't know what the Latin name is, but in the UK it is commonly known as a bloody big one.

Fangs for the memory.jpg

Colour coordination a Cat Fancier would be proud of.
Fangs for the memory.jpg

Last edited:
This is a favourite. A species of Harvestman, which are related to Arachnids, apparently. There was some broken Rudbeckia flowers, stems, that I brought in from outside, unaware, of course, of the stowaway. 14/09/13.
IMG_3760 (2).jpg

On the ceiling.
IMG_3778 (3).jpg

I hadn't seen a Harvestman that lay flat like that. Even when they are at rest, their legs, at least, are off the ground. Maybe this one was especially tired - knackered as we say. 😁

Back