Not sure how I get here

JennieJo

Experimentalist
Contributing Member
Retired, try a bit of art I told myself ... Didn't know how busy doing a bit of art would be. Apart from these fun digital experiments, I have a 3D piece on the go for an exhibition 3+K away, an abstract ocean themed piece for an exhibition about 90 minutes away, I am doing some garden art, What The!

Anyway, these pieces are some of this weeks effort. I picked the Pink ones because I never use pink when I do physical works.
1 created from my experiments with regular wave patterns and a beach scene
2 created from some old oil pastel works about Night Walking
3 more wave experiments. I do have many, many more wave experiments.

JenMR-WavdExperiments.jpeg
JenMR-LovelyLight.jpeg
JenMR-MoreWaves.jpeg

Lovely pieces. I know what you mean about retirement. There aren't enough hours in a day and it makes me a bit panicky sometimes that I will not be here long enough to get everything done that I want to do.

a lot is happening because your art!! I do think all three are great. I have to fix up my house and car first, but then I’m going to try showing my art in New Orleans, please let some of your talent rub off on me ;) the exhibits sound exciting, I love marine art!! Make connects while you’re there!

a lot is happening because your art!! I do think all three are great. I have to fix up my house and car first, but then I’m going to try showing my art in New Orleans, please let some of your talent rub off on me ;) the exhibits sound exciting, I love marine art!! Make connects while you’re there!
I know! I do have some trouble putting art after boring household jobs. But, Robert is happy to pick up my slack until the Art is done.

I started out very 'sporty', moved along to all things digital and expanded that into all things Art. Not a bad retirement plan.

Lovely pieces. I know what you mean about retirement. There aren't enough hours in a day and it makes me a bit panicky sometimes that I will not be here long enough to get everything done that I want to do.
Just to make sure I do rest, I've placed chairs around our block, we have 40 acres, to remind me to pause.

Your experiments are so incredible, Jennie! You use color fearlessly and the layering adds so much interest.

I know! I do have some trouble putting art after boring household jobs. But, Robert is happy to pick up my slack until the Art is done.

I started out very 'sporty', moved along to all things digital and expanded that into all things Art. Not a bad retirement plan.
household work used to get in my way ;) it will again. Since Covid ive only gotten light work here and there, the week before I had a show at a city museum (group show, I showed a large abstract) and had my art filmed during a TV show.. it’s been slow mostly because I’ve had so much moving and no studio, but I’m determined to get my work hanging someplace bigger than the garden stores and farmers markets.. need to get another sale!! But I always do make sales at the farmers market. ;)

household work used to get in my way ;) it will again. Since Covid ive only gotten light work here and there, the week before I had a show at a city museum (group show, I showed a large abstract) and had my art filmed during a TV show.. it’s been slow mostly because I’ve had so much moving and no studio, but I’m determined to get my work hanging someplace bigger than the garden stores and farmers markets.. need to get another sale!! But I always do make sales at the farmers market. ;)
That all sounds exciting. I've had to stop everything but exhibitions. Too much work for too little gain elsewhere. At least in an exhibition you get better exposure. The TV show must have been a nice buzz.

Your experiments are so incredible, Jennie! You use color fearlessly and the layering adds so much interest.
Thanks Donna. I really these were really out there. In the back of my mind was a digital exhibition proposal with large works inside and outside. Not sure how brightness actually plays out.i have 3 days left.

Back