Need some business advice

OMG! That guy is hilarious!

Bart, I hope my advice wasn't too extreme. I don't think I'm really in some "other class." I'm doing the best I can like anyone, maybe I've just been doing it longer? But I don't know how long others have been doing it!

I don't have a commerce "store" on my site either. I have PayPal links only, which are free with your PayPal account. Otherwise, people can just email me, and we can work something out, like a check in the mail the old-fashioned way. ;)

Statements are written in the first person and bios are typically written in the third, either by someone else or at least having them help you so it's not in your voice.
Not at all extreme, just clearly from a lot more experience with selling art than I have. I'm just making the transition to selling from amateur, while you did that (from what you tell us of your history) a long time ago. Valuable advice when I reach or if I reach another level.

Yeah, I'm finding other than those who sell merch and prints that most seem to just do direct sales via something like Paypal, Venmo, Zelle by direct negotiations.

By your suggestion/definition then my first person statement and third person bio are correctly written. Thanks.

And this guy should know because he's.... who?
Joel Bauer is an international marketing expert -- what are you! Joel Bauer has been traveling the world for decades giving speeches, where have you been giving speeches? (satire alert)

Okay, now that you know how to make a business card, let Joel Bauer tell you how to pack your bag for travel.

Never heard of him, Bongo, so can't say if he's what you think he is. Your Mileage May Vary, as they say.

And I have made speeches for over 50 years in my career, BTW, and been featured on national TV and quoted in national and regional media. Don't make assumptions.

I did not understand your "satire alert", however, I was sure the guy was a buffoon. Thanks for the clarification.
Please Bart this is meant to be a joke ! I put a satire alert on my post. Joel is a buffoon

I know in the digital age that you can put a type of business card on your contact list and just send it to their phone plus there are now QR codes that once they click on it it takes them to your site. Putting a QR code on your site, picture or business card allows for giving more information. Just depends on the age group you might be selling to.

Back