My Introduction To Madam Noir

Enyaw

namuh
AAOil 200423.jpg

Wayne Gaudon Alla Prima Oil on Paper 11 x 14 Inches
Actually 2 new colors to my palette .. Lamp Black and Perm Alz Crimson .. will take a little time but I like the exploration so far.
To me the Alz seems to be a muterd Perm Rose and the Lamp Black though neutral leans toward blue.

I love that blue-black! It's very exciting. Your reds are pretty, as are those touches of pink. Great grouping of the flowers in that corner!

This is a beauty, Wayne! ❤️

Well hello Madam Noir. I look forward to what you’ll be doing with these new colors. So pretty!

Thank you Terri, Ayin, CaliAnn, Donna, and Bart.

I spent a bit more time with those colors today and found Madam Noir very tempermental and quite unforgiving. A lot to offer but I had best learn to be sensative or that door will be closed. The Crimson is crimson. I also found I used a few mixtures from yesterday on today's piece and that was a mistake. The mixtures's bias I did not know. As they were just mutts and not thorough bred dogs they had their own personalities and responses. Unknown is not good when you are looking for a color.

Lovely!

Here's a bit of info from various places regarding Lamp black. You didn't ask for any, so you don't need to read further unless you want to:) :rolleyes:
Lamp Black seems to have about twice the tinting strength as Ivory Black. That is significant, and it can either be an advantage, or a disadvantage,
From https://www.dickblick.com/items/grumbacher-pre-tested-artists-oil-color-lamp-black-125-oz-tube/
Lamp black is a very opaque re to avoid copywrite infringement, follow the link
an aside since you mentioned temperament (also from another source)
Both Spinel Black (PBk28) and Paliogen Black (PBk31) are interesting. Paliogen Black is definitely the “moodiest” of the blacks. It has a slight greenishness to it. The same color as old black typewriter ribbon. It would be great for painting scenes of intrigue on the moors.

That is a beautiful painting Wayne. The little yellow bouquet just seems to stand on its own. ❤️❤️ My Lamp black doesn't seem to tend to blue but I have a perlene black that seems to really lean to the blue and makes a lovely green when mixed with yellows.

Back