My cousin Danny from photo

KatShealy

Graphite

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211102-231821_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20211102-231821_Photos.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 160
Really nice portrait. The more I look the better it gets. I want to scroll over and find out what he's looking at!

Thank you. There's no telling. I wish I could have gotten in the background. He was near the Edisto River. Low country Spanish moss hanging from old growth trees. Makes me miss my childhood.

Wow, the portrait is so beautiful. Looking at it, I have a feeling that it is nostalgic and ancient. I really like that.

Thank you. He is probably standing by the Edisto River in the low country. Oak trees and Spanish moss and gators and snakes.

Such a great portrait. You captured the feel. Makes me sigh.....
Thank you Jo. I used to hate being from the south. But the history, good and bad, certainly gives it character. I knew people that were similar to the characters out of Bastard Out of Carolina. That was a book that made me cringe on so many levels. But denying those things exist is not realistic. You cannot erase history. You have to live with it and learn from it. It makes us whole.

Thank you Jo. I used to hate being from the south. But the history, good and bad, certainly gives it character. I knew people that were similar to the characters out of Bastard Out of Carolina. That was a book that made me cringe on so many levels. But denying those things exist is not realistic. You cannot erase history. You have to live with it and learn from it. It makes us whole.
You have to live with it and learn from it. It makes us whole. ♥️

That's one of my favorite books. It was very well written and a powerful story. I never considered it a "Southern" story, but a story that happens all over the country, and the world, in so many families. I just wanted you to know that if I didn't see it as a Southern story, then perhaps others didn't either. What about Push and books/stories that took place in the city in the north? These are things happening everywhere, sadly, as you know.

Sorry off topic. I just don't want you to ever feel bad about where you come from. Be proud! ♥️

You have to live with it and learn from it. It makes us whole. ♥️

That's one of my favorite books. It was very well written and a powerful story. I never considered it a "Southern" story, but a story that happens all over the country, and the world, in so many families. I just wanted you to know that if I didn't see it as a Southern story, then perhaps others didn't either. What about Push and books/stories that took place in the city in the north? These are things happening everywhere, sadly, as you know.

Sorry off topic. I just don't want you to ever feel bad about where you come from. Be proud! ♥️
It isn't off topic. Art is a depiction of life as is a drawing. A book is just painting a picture with words instead of paint.

Back