Glasses

16ga

I’ve been doing digital drawings but this is my first real pencil on paper drawing in years.
Its 5.5”x8.5”. Graphite on paper.
Glasses (6-1-23).jpg

Comments and criticism are welcome.

Nicely done! You captured that shadow on the V Right lens just right I think. A nit: the top of the frame on the V Left should be bit wider near the nose, not as wide, or the other frame could be adjusted. Nice piece.

Thank you everyone.

Thanks ntl.
Its not really a shadow. The frame there was behind the curve of the lenses which also distorted my view of the frame itself.

The other lenses I see your point and while looking at it now I noticed that I missed the edge of the frame behind the lens in the viewers top right corner of it. (There’s a tiny smudge there that tricks the eye if you don’t look carefully.) It looks like the very top or the frame was originally wider but I erased something to match it with the part I had drawn instead of realizing I missed the side.

I’ll probably try to touch it up a little bit there.

well done 16ga .. for future I would add a shadow as that would make it stand out even more ..

Very nice sketch- glasses are tricky! I agree with the suggestions to shadow for grounding your subject, but you've done well.

Thanks everyone.
I had thought about adding shadows but didn't. I didn't really feel like adding a background too this one and the picture I took to work from didn't have good lighting.

Back