Monthly Art Prompts November 2022

Zen and Brian, I must have missed these somehow. Too much juggling.

I love that wall, Zen! And those paintings are awesome, Brian!!! ♥️ The top one reminds me a little of Bongo's work (sorta).

Oh, I know how I missed these. I don't usually comment on the all media events. I look at them, but don't usually comment because it's a lot to keep up with! o_O

Zen, interesting pattern.

Brian, I like your paintings, especially the train.

Here's mine for "pattern." This is done in my XL Mix Media sketchbook. The paper doesn't really take wet in wet well but I thought I would give it a try anyway.

20221117 Sea Turtle (Pixabay) - MAP, Pattern.png

Anne: Great job on the turtle - he really looks like he's floating/swimming in water! ❤️

I wish I could comment on all!

Don, your photos are outstanding. Really well composed.
CaliAnn - Had to suppress several giggles!
Brian - The industrial designs have such nice composition, negative space, and use of light. They really set a mood and I looked at them for a while.

This is for pattern, as I have a great interest in different cultures, especially Japanese. It is a 7 x 9 watercolor on Canson XL 140 sketchbook paper, which is not very good paper at all. It started out as a sketch, but I just kept working on it. My art has been disappointing for a while, so this restored a wee bit of my confidence. Most of my recent efforts have been binned. I was thinking of having this framed, even though I did not sign it. My concern is that I will ruin it or detract from the subject by attempting to sign it. Any and all recommendations about such welcome.

A56B50AC-8B54-45DA-91EC-7A52D8B9E2CB_1_201_a.jpeg

Joy: Such a beautiful painting! I think this is one of your best - I love everything about it. It really helps painting a subject you love. You should do more of these. ❤️

Laika: That's pretty amazing! I thought I was looking at a photo of a piece of weaved clothe! ❤️

This is for pattern, as I have a great interest in different cultures, especially Japanese. It is a 7 x 9 watercolor on Canson XL 140 sketchbook paper, which is not very good paper at all. It started out as a sketch, but I just kept working on it. My art has been disappointing for a while, so this restored a wee bit of my confidence. Most of my recent efforts have been binned. I was thinking of having this framed, even though I did not sign it. My concern is that I will ruin it or detract from the subject by attempting to sign it. Any and all recommendations about such welcome.

View attachment 26280

Nice work!

What I do when I worry about the signature ruining a piece is to simply keep it small and unobtrusive - mix a color barely different from the place where you want to sign it, and people will have to look carefully to see it at all.

Given today's art world, if it is to be a professional piece it has to be signed, though one can of course also sign it on the back. I seem to recall Georgia O'Keeffe did that a lot; I seldom (if ever) see any sign of signature on her works.

Don, CaliAnn, thank you!
Lamar
, amazing feeling of texture. This must be even more impressive in person.
Brian,
thanks for your input. I followed your suggestion, and did some very small lettering, bottom left.

Joy, beautiful choice for pattern. Well done.

Laika, good pattern. It looks like burlap. I had to laugh at your problem with something eating your drying painting.

CaliAnn and Joy - Nature gets all the credit on that piece of sandstone, but thanks for commenting :)

Back