Monthly Art Prompts November 2022

Great thread so far! :) Fun stuff - love all the various interpretations of the prompts.

Pattern:

Fenceline resized.jpeg

I think this was taken with a pseudo-infrared film, likely Ilford SFX - definitely a soft focus filter over a red filter.

I still don't know what the ropes are for!

I think this was taken with a pseudo-infrared film, likely Ilford SFX - definitely a soft focus filter over a red filter
All gibberish to me - know nothing about photography! That being said, what an interesting shot and excellent response for the prompt. I love it! ❤️

Technology-related paintings from a few years ago; both 15 x 20 cm (about 6 x 8 in), acrylics on Masonite:

20-71 Welder at work Acrylics on Masonite, 20 x 15 cm.JPG

20-76 Steelworks Acrylics on Masonite, 15 x 20 cm.JPG

I have somewhat weird aesthetics, and I do not share most people's distaste for this kind of subject matter. As far as I'm concerned, grimy industries are very much the heartbeat of civilization, and there's no need to hide them.

Alas for me, I am somewhat unusual in this taste, with the result that this sort of painting never sells! :)

Technology-related paintings from a few years ago; both 15 x 20 cm (about 6 x 8 in), acrylics on Masonite:

View attachment 25991

View attachment 25992

I have somewhat weird aesthetics, and I do not share most people's distaste for this kind of subject matter. As far as I'm concerned, grimy industries are very much the heartbeat of civilization, and there's no need to hide them.

Alas for me, I am somewhat unusual in this taste, with the result that this sort of painting never sells! :)
So beautiful. I'm sure a company or one of the workers would love this. Great you are recording history!! I would like it for the drama.

So beautiful. I'm sure a company or one of the workers would love this. Great you are recording history!! I would like it for the drama.

As I recall I used stock photos for reference - I'm the archetypal starving artist and don't get to travel much. :)

Great thread so far! :) Fun stuff - love all the various interpretations of the prompts.

Pattern:

View attachment 25938

I think this was taken with a pseudo-infrared film, likely Ilford SFX - definitely a soft focus filter over a red filter.

I still don't know what the ropes are for!
I don't know what the ropes are for either but it works perfectly as a "pattern."

CaliAnn, I love your technology. I'm sure it would have been on the Flintstones if texting had been around when the show was created. Your cats are delightful. Wonderful patterns on each. Your fish patterns are even more creative!

Alabama, amusing image.

Brian, good technology and pattern. Your technology paintings are very dramatic.

Back