Monthly Art Prompts November 2022

Mississippi Hippie

Create some art that is inspired by any of this month's prompts. Let your imagination soar. Turn on your creative juices.

All media and styles are welcome (drawing, painting, digital, photography, sculpture, multi-media, representational, abstract, etc.). It can be something done quickly, a finished work of art or anything in between. It can be created from your imagination, from life or a photo reference. If you use a photo reference, please make sure it has no applicable copyright restrictions.
Here are the prompts for November. Have fun interpreting them.

Vice
Pattern
Technology

Post your finished (or unfinished) art in this thread. Post any time during the month, as many times as you would like.
Tell us a little about the work if you so desire. For example, you could include the medium you used, where you got your inspiration or how long it took. When you post, it's always nice to "like" or comment on posts made earlier in the thread by other artists. We all like acknowledgement of our work!

Let the prompts spark your creativity. The most important thing is to have fun.

For help in finding reference images online, click on the link: Tutorial: How to Find Copyright-Free Reference Images.
If you have copyright-free images that go along with the prompts that you would like to share, you can post them in this thread for others to use.

If you would like to provide prompts for a month, sign up here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Alabama. Love the prompts. They will be a lot of fun.

Old technology - Defunct ore processing equipment at the closed iron mine in Lyon Mountain, NY:

1667479459825.jpeg

Digital photograph taken with Canon PowerShot A630. Photo cross posted in Photography forum. The mine was originally owned by Chateauguay Iron and Steel Company, later Republic Steel. Adirondack iron ore was considered of the highest quality and was used in building the Brooklyn Bridge.

Last edited:
Zen: What a fantastic shot - and I LOVE it for the technology prompt. You always think outside the box! ❤️

Thanks for hosting AJ! Really intriguing prompts!
Thanks Alabama. Love the prompts. They will be a lot of fun.
I’m happy you like the prompts.. excited to see what comes out of them.
Old technology - Defunct ore processing equipment at the closed iron mine in Lyon Mountain, NY:

View attachment 25779

Digital photograph taken with Canon PowerShot A630. Photo cross posted in Photography forum. The mine was originally owned by Chateauguay Iron and Steel Company, later Republic Steel. Adirondack iron ore was considered of the highest quality and was used in building the Brooklyn Bridge.
Unexpected! Surprising… thanks for participation

Brian: Love the shot of Anti-Vice Technology! Your drawing of the bird is beautiful and an excellent choice for pattern!

Brian: I enjoyed your "anti-vice" choice. Perfect! Love the bird drawing too.

Brian: awesome shot! I love black and white shots, the light coming through the windows and hitting the floor is beautiful
AJ: Very cool!

Zen, beautiful photograph and creative take on technology. Love the story behind the photo too.

Brian, very clever combination of pattern and technology.

Alabama, clever vice.

Zen, love the pattern of the water from the duck and the reflections of the poles. Beaufiul photo.

CaliAnn, your "vice" is delightful. That is one cool cat!

Here's mine for vice. I decided to go with the literal meaning of vice. I started with a pencil sketch, added ink, then inktense black for the shadows and then finally a little watercolor. About 5"x7" in XL Mix Media sketch book.

20221108 Vice (Pixabay) - MAP.png

Create some art that is inspired by any of this month's prompts. Let your imagination soar. Turn on your creative juices.

All media and styles are welcome (drawing, painting, digital, photography, sculpture, multi-media, representational, abstract, etc.). It can be something done quickly, a finished work of art or anything in between. It can be created from your imagination, from life or a photo reference. If you use a photo reference, please make sure it has no applicable copyright restrictions.
Here are the prompts for November. Have fun interpreting them.

Vice
Pattern
Technology

Post your finished (or unfinished) art in this thread. Post any time during the month, as many times as you would like.
Tell us a little about the work if you so desire. For example, you could include the medium you used, where you got your inspiration or how long it took. When you post, it's always nice to "like" or comment on posts made earlier in the thread by other artists. We all like acknowledgement of our work!

Let the prompts spark your creativity. The most important thing is to have fun.

For help in finding reference images online, click on the link: Tutorial: How to Find Copyright-Free Reference Images.
If you have copyright-free images that go along with the prompts that you would like to share, you can post them in this thread for others to use.

If you would like to provide prompts for a month, sign up here.
JennieJo having a bit of a tantrum :) only had an hour. Needed
IMG_20221109_211156_1-01.jpeg
more. So ... did some digital adjustments ie. collage and resizing of 4 versions

ams: Your vice is sooo well done - Love it! :)
JennieJo: Super cool! I don't know how you come up with what you do, but I'm glad you share with us - so interesting and cool!:)

Reactions: ams
Back