Minimum Eternal Landscape

Trier

Supporting Member
The red sphere, both origin and destination; The road, both from and to emptiness and the sphere; the lines both the start and end of communication; the poles, friend, foe, other; the horizon, sometimes there, sometimes not.
No wonder it took me a long time to paint it, hard to pare things down to the irreducible minimum, for me anyway.
18x14 acrylic/posterboard the red sun is a paper collage piece.
DSCN4741Landscape_EternityM1.JPG

A learning experience
C&C

I like it, I don't know if it's the connection, the exact genre, but it makes me think of Japanese art.

Trier, that's amazing! The fact that there is hardly anything in the painting, yet the composition of it tells a story. Very well done.

Great minimalist abstract. I love the simplicity, yet is feels profound in all its qualities.

Wow It's great when you manage to communicate what you intended, isn't it !

Thanks Arty & Sno.

Thanks Joe and John.

The reference to Japanese art caused me to look at the painting again and remember that I was sort of vaguely thinking of it as I was considering the best spot for the placement of the red sun.
I also see now that my memories of Japan must have caused me to arrange the poles into a loose Torii design.
Things like that are what make the comments so interesting to me.

Opposites find their meanings in a very economic manner. Your words, Trier, certainly enhance the effect!

Opposites find their meanings in a very economic manner. Your words, Trier, certainly enhance the effect!
Thanks Nufocus -
I know you like to post your images without giving too many hints of what its all about in order to get viewer reactions as to what they see in the painting without outside influences, and I generally agree with that.
However, in this case I thought there was a danger some might think it was a put-on or satire, when I am being dead serious about it. Hence the words, which are a poor explanation, but sincere.
I'm sure Greggo could put it much better, but he doesn't seem to be around much anymore.

Back