Making use of a few prints and cradled panels

Hi Terri - I’m so happy to hear you got a gel plate! What size did you get? I’ve had the same 5x7 plate for about five years and I haven’t wrecked it yet. I thought that by now I’d have to start using the pristine back side but so far I haven’t. The leaves, weeds and flowers I collect get placed between sheets of newspaper or plain newsprint and then I pile a few heavy books on top. I’ve found that some plants work well and some shrivel and dry up and aren’t a good fit. They don’t have to be completely flattened but it’s hard to remove excess paint around things that stick up above the plate. I use sheets of tissue paper to remove the excess paint. Everything I do is an experiment and I look forward to seeing what you come up with!
Thank you! I took a workshop to make sure it seemed like it might be something I could use. I liked it - a quick & easy way to get backgrounds, but the instructor was pretty limited compared to the things you're doing. ;) And she put the fear of God in us about doing exactly what you're showing can be done! But I was still inspired enough to get an 8x10 since that what I was able to try at the workshop.
I have barely touched it since it arrived - I was certain I could use one of my existing brayers, but none seemed to work well even after I cleaned them, they're old and apparently compromised, so I created a silly delay by having to get a new brayer that I can dedicate to this process.

Back