Making use of a few prints and cradled panels

Hi Terri - I’m so happy to hear you got a gel plate! What size did you get? I’ve had the same 5x7 plate for about five years and I haven’t wrecked it yet. I thought that by now I’d have to start using the pristine back side but so far I haven’t. The leaves, weeds and flowers I collect get placed between sheets of newspaper or plain newsprint and then I pile a few heavy books on top. I’ve found that some plants work well and some shrivel and dry up and aren’t a good fit. They don’t have to be completely flattened but it’s hard to remove excess paint around things that stick up above the plate. I use sheets of tissue paper to remove the excess paint. Everything I do is an experiment and I look forward to seeing what you come up with!
Thank you! I took a workshop to make sure it seemed like it might be something I could use. I liked it - a quick & easy way to get backgrounds, but the instructor was pretty limited compared to the things you're doing. ;) And she put the fear of God in us about doing exactly what you're showing can be done! But I was still inspired enough to get an 8x10 since that what I was able to try at the workshop.
I have barely touched it since it arrived - I was certain I could use one of my existing brayers, but none seemed to work well even after I cleaned them, they're old and apparently compromised, so I created a silly delay by having to get a new brayer that I can dedicate to this process.

Really like what you came up with. Tried in the gel plates once mine didn’t come near to what you’ve accomplished, I’m impressed.

Thank you Charvet. I hope you will give your gel plate another chance! I’m happy to get one good print out of every ten. It’s all a learning process.

Back