Looking for feedback + tips

AHdraws

Hi All! It's been a while (a few months) since I've been on here. I've been reflecting on the kind of art I want to make. I am still really interested in character design but I have found environments to be a bit more intuitive. Any feedback or tips would be much appreciated!

10.7.2023.JPG

This is wonderful AND very interesting. The perspective is super cool too. What are your thoughts about what kind of art you want to do in the future?

This is wonderful AND very interesting. The perspective is super cool too. What are your thoughts about what kind of art you want to do in the future?
Thank you so much! I'd like to be a concept artist, ever since I discovered that it was a job it's been my goal. I'm 19 and I mainly did portrait drawing/painting and comic book art for a large portion of my art journey. And for the past 4 years or so I've been trying to study and learn what it takes to be a concept artist. Every time I see a cool character design or environment, I want to make something like that, but I always feel like I need to learn more before I can actually create something. I think I've been caught in a cycle of studying and drawing/painting what I'm familiar with. I think I just need to get over my fear and start sharing my ideas through my artwork. But as far as the kind of art I want to make in the future... I guess visual development art. A mix of character and environment art, but more focused on the big picture.

Back