Left Over Paint On After A Session (Painting)

Enyaw

namuh
002.jpg

When finished there is a lot of mess on my palette. The mess is left over mixtures from mixes through out and some of my piles of your original palette have a little contamination around the edges. Wish I had take a picture before I scraped but life is. Anyway, I scrape all the mixed paint into a pile and I take the contamination pieces away from my original colors and add them to the new blob of color.
One word of caution: if you use Pthalo BLue keep it to itself as it can contaminate anything. So, except for the Pthalo Blue I mix all those scrapes into one color. I obtain a real nice grey or mud or what have you for my next time up. This one gave a real nice version of Raw Umber as it has a unique green shade. If my next painting doesn't want a green I can easily change the shade. I then put my left overs in the freezer till tomorrow.

Just a thought. Saves a lot of paint over a year if you paint every day.

003.jpg

Great idea, Wayne! Thanks for sharing :)

Your palette looks like colorful creatures swimming upstream.

Thanks for this, Wayne. I like your idea of making grey out of the leftovers. It would be nice to have that color for new paintings or save it in the freezer for future use.

Back