Just sayin

Desforges

Knife painting,
24x30
0DB4C053-D90D-49BC-8D95-794CBDCEA420.jpeg

I am probably way off, but on first glance I was reminded of a Basquiat head portrait. Anyhow, comparisons are not often helpful, appreciated. Suffice to say, I could live with that 🤎

Great painting! If you don't mind sharing the information, could you perhaps tell us about the turquoise paint along the top and right sides of the painting?

Great painting! If you don't mind sharing the information, could you perhaps tell us about the turquoise paint along the top and right sides of the painting?
The turquoise paint is an acrylic base that I apply over the gesso. For many years I alway started with a blue background. I always have it around. I also use an orange one. I like that it shows here and there. You don’t have to fill in every inch of the canvas. Like this other one.
02CA3FA2-E5D5-4B18-A396-551C430BAFD4.jpeg

Last edited:
Incredible. All the details are like little universes unto themselves. So much connection in them. Outstanding overall! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

I bought a quart of that turquoise paint and covered the entire canvas with that after putting on a coat of gesso. I actually use that colour as a base coat. I also like to paint on cobalt blue mixed with a part of titanium white.

Both of these paintings are stunning! I particularly like the orange/turquoise interaction in the second one. Thanks for explaining how you use those colors in the background. It's nice to have the option of letting them show through or covering them up.

I agree with CaliAnn! These are both amazing paintings.

I don't really know how you do what you do - I only know that I adore your stuff! ❤️

Both are wonderful, seemingly alive! I especially like the colors and movement in the first. Excellent knife work.

Back