Jesus on Horse WIP

JessieNebulous

This is the first stage of a large colored pencil and oil pastel drawing I'm doing for my mom (semi against my will 🤣, as drawing humans is not a strong point for me) and so far I'm pleasantly surprised by how well it's going. The horse is jumping out of a break in clouds, so it's other half will be obscurred.

However, I'm having some trouble with Jesus's face. It's too round I think, which gives him a boyish look. I'm going to try to narrow it when I add more oil pastel. The face is also indistinct purposefully because she said she wants it mostly obscured by the glow of the beams of light I'll eventually add. What do ya'll think of the progress so far?

Also, pardon the poor lighting... there's crappy lighting in the room I have to work in, further complicating the job (though that's also the room it'll eventually be displayed in, so I suppose it's fine).

20230213_155151.jpg

That horse is great! I see what you mean about his face. It looks young, maybe the higher top of his head is a little wide and his eyes too far apart. It needs to narrow a bit like you said. But it's really, really good so far. Congrats! She'll love it! ❤️

You're doing great! The horse is awesome, you already have a plan to adjust the face, and you've found a way to avoid doing the entire horse! 👏

Your mom is going to love it. Thanks for sharing the wip pictures! Looking forward to seeing the rest.

Back