Jesus on Horse WIP Part Deux

JessieNebulous

I posted about this piece previously but I've finished stage 2, adding the first layer of oil pastel, and was wondering what ya'll think.

20230221_185339.jpg

The piece is for my mom and she wants his face indistinct like that. For the final layer, I think I need to lighten it up some. I kept it fairly dark because I wanted a good contrast with the figure's brightness but I think I went too dark. I also think I need to soften the outline around Jesus and the horse, to give it more of a glow effect. I'm also going to add more cloud effects, punch up the cloud factor. Otherwise I think it's *pretty* good. I wouldn't say I like it (the subject matter and the color palette is not exactly for me) but my mom seems to, and that's the main concern.

Do y'all have any further suggestions about how to improve it? I'm curious to hear.

Oh, I didn't realize this is finished. Will you be rendering the face and clothes more, or did you want a "lit-up" look like this? It's really good!

Oh, I didn't realize this is finished. Will you be rendering the face and clothes more, or did you want a "lit-up" look like this? It's really good!
It's fully finished. My mom wanted the face and clothes to be pretty lit up and kind of hazy and glowing, but if I were in charge, I definitely would have redefined the face and such. And thank you! I appreciate that. I'm kind of "meh" on it, though I like the horse. But it's nice to hear others like it. 🙂

Have you presented it to her yet? She is going to fall crazy in love with it for sure! :love: :love: :love:

Success! I know you were kind of dreading this one, but now it's done. I'm not surprised your mom is happy, sounds like you hit all the elements she wanted. Great job! Congrats. :)

Success! I know you were kind of dreading this one, but now it's done. I'm not surprised your mom is happy, sounds like you hit all the elements she wanted. Great job! Congrats. :)
Aww, thank you so much! I do feel very relieved that it's over 😁

Back