WIP 1st REAL Attempt At Acrylics

JessieNebulous

Hey all. I'm not very good at acrylic but the only way to get better is to practice, right? I plan to do the majority in acrylic and then add details in colored pencil, like I've started to on the fish. I'm pleased with the fish and the face, but the rest is still in the "ugly" phase and needs a lot of work. I've included the sketch to show where it's headed. This is the first time I've EVER gotten any smooth blending without relying on vast amounts of dry brushing, so I'm excited and very pleased with my progress. 😁

20221101_211337.jpg

20221031_151735.jpg

Welcome to acrylics, it is looking good and I can’t wait to see the finished piece. Don’t be afraid to use acrylic for some detail you can get good detail using a good quality acrylic.
Steve.

What a great start you have on this, Jessie! The ugly phase isn't so scary with acrylics since they can all be covered over. There is a lot of satisfaction to be had in the process of destruction and rebuilding. I look forward to seeing the next installment.

Looks good to me! Lovely colour combination there and some good blending on the face. It has a lovely flowing composition too.

Really well done start. I can't use acrylics for the life of me. There is already so much emotion in this and you haven't even filled in the eyes yet! ♥️

Back