inktober 2024 - Post your work here!

Joy

Contributing Member
Here is the Inktober 2024 prompt list! Any work that contains ink, including Inktense watercolor, is welcome. One does not have to do the prompts in order. Just participate when you are able on any day. Any and all work welcome!

Screenshot 2024-09-27 at 12.22.46 PM.png

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this, Joy! I was thinking it was about time to look for the list. 🙂

Thanks Joy, I should give this a go this year.

Although I haven't been doing much art lately.

Mine will be off to a shaky start - I'm away from home this week, I remembered to pack my pens but I have no sketckbook! 😄 I think I have some scrap paper somewhere so that will have to do.

Kay, any small piece than one can do and enjoy is fine. There is no way that I will be able to do one daily!

I'll try my best! As you know I have been absolutely terrible at keeping up with challenges this year! I do have a backpack with me though so that's tomorrow's prompt sorted.

This is done with Pigma Micron pens in a Canson 7 x 10 140CP journal. At least one can tell it is a backpack, but I am obviously unpracticed at using ink to shade and making different varieties of marks. The pack is very dark green with black trim, so it was hard to see value changes. I have some colored ink pens that I have not used yet and may give a go.

Backpack.jpeg

Great start Joy! That's a tidy looking backpack. I liked how you picked out the details.

Jo, like the color and the details. I am going to try with some color next time.

Thanks, Joy. After posting I found some Daler-Rowney Acrylic ink in bright colors and have an electric orange. Next time!!

Kay, wonderful buckle! Thanks for participating, as I know how busy your work is.

Thanks for setting this up Joy.

Joy, Jo, wonderful backpacks.

Triduanan, just shows you can sketch and participate even when you don't have any "art" materials. Love you backpack. Ilike how you can vary the values with ball point that is harder to do with a micron like I use.

I decided to have fun with the prompts and really stretch them when I could, so here is my "backpack."

20241001 Camel (1-Backpack).png

Anne, what a creative idea! Unlike most camels, he looks happy! I, too, wanted to interpret the prompts less literally. My imagination is lacking. Many were disappointed in this year's prompts, as the theme of travel is pervasive. It is not a diverse list.

Good one Anne! I like how you interpreted the prompt. I was thinking of altering some of them, as there's a definite theme, and as I've been away from home for almost 6 weeks now I'm not really feeling the theme!

Thanks Joy and Kay. I knew there was a theme but I didn't know what it was since I am not a member of Instagram so I was ignoring the theme and taking each prompt alone. I will continue to do so since I have more fun that way.

Here's my day 2, Discover. Ink in XL Mixed Media sketchbook.

20241002 Starfish (2-Discover).png

Kay D, Ooooh, I like your partial view of the backpack. Great hatching and buckle.

Anne, ha, your camel backpack made me laugh. Love your rendering. Your discover of the starfish made me look around. You hatch beautifully.

Day 2, Discover - a praying mantis on our porch the other morning. It stayed on the hummingbird feeder about 3 days but I didn't get a photo of it there. Sketched in an Ohuhu sketchbook with Micron 005 and a Micron brush pen. About 3 x 5 inches.

csink2mantis.jpg

Back