Icy Creek

KreativeK

Icy Creek.jpg

Another miniature on Fabriano 140 lb rough paper using watercolors and white gouache along with white crayon. The crayon did not make the trees very visible but did more in the foreground; just as well for the icy, foggy brush on the banks is better muted. Size is 3.75×5.75″.
C&C welcome.

Lovely misty glow Kay. Like the brightness and strong contrast with the texture. I love this paper - lovely to work and a lot cheaper than Arches.

I love the look of this! It's almost abstract but the feeling of mist and ice come through. Could you somehow warm the crayon or melt it so it would get into the texture of the paper?

Love all the texture and abstract kind of feel. It's Love to look at.

Thank you all! I don't think melting the crayon is for me to experiment with doing as I'd ruin it. Masking fluid leaves too harsh and sharp edges to be of any use.

The texture really adds something special to this work. Would like c to see more as well.

JennieJo, check out the challenge at top of forum. It would be fun to see what you could do with the idea.
Funny thing ... i do do some, but am usually disappointed and they end up in my WIP pile. Will give it a braver attempt.

I really like The Next Sketch Is ... but have trouble working out what I should submit. Might be the time difference?

Done. But, couldn't get into snow, so I've done the beach. We are in summer. N 1. First try, just testing. N 2. With some surfers. I am hooked. Will definitely do so e more.
A3, acrylic paper, Mungyo white, some very cheap 'glitter' watercolour. Just to get some sparkles!
IMG_jenmr_20230126_183427-01.jpeg
IMG_jenmr_20230126_183527-01-01.jpeg

I’m more a beach person, too! I think you nailed it! Lots of action with these two examples. I can see you had fun.

Back