Home on Utah Trail

Artyczar

I did this in watercolor and gouache (with some pen outline) on an older Thomas Bro. guide page. It's a little trade with another artist who gave me a really cool painting of a bunny on a piece of cement foundation found in the desert someplace. This trailer is her favorite color and it's on the map where she lives on Utah Trail in Twentynine Palms. I just hope she likes it.

utah-traildetail.jpg

Well, if she doesn't like it, I guess I'll take it. :LOL:

It's terrific!! I really love the transparency that allows the map to be seen so clearly through the paint. I'm just a sucker for this kind of thing. It's so cool that she lives along this very map - of course, she's gonna love it! Fun stuff.

Thank you Terri. I have done a few commission like this for people that live on the maps.
Thanks Kay. I sure hope so.
CaliAnn, I should take a pic of what I got from her for the trade. I think I got the better deal! :ROFLMAO:

Also, she just got a review in an LA mag of a group show she was in recently. The second picture is one of the rabbits she paints on the cement chunks: https://artillerymag.com/gallery-rounds-loft/

This is very cool! Love how you've painted onto the map, it provides a great backdrop. I also like how you've used the blue that really ties in with the blue on the map. I'm sure she'll love it!

I like this! Especially the warm colors of the trailer against the cools of the map! I can't imagine living in a trailer in the summertime without an AC unit twice the size of the trailer!

Funny me - when you mentioned a picture of a rabbit on a piece of concrete, I thought of a painting of a rabbit sitting atop a chunk of 'crete. 😜

--Rich

Thank you Rich. I agree about the air conditioner. I know I can't live without it and I'm in a house.

Thank you too flowercat and sno. I appreciate all your comments! ♥️

Back