Hollies (Hollyhocks) Soft Pastel

Jo Castillo

Supporting Member
My friend, Enid Wood, encouraged me on Monday to do a quick painting to jump start my painting. I wiped off a painting I had started with more of the wall and trees. I focused in more on the flowers. Worked on it for about an hour, hour and a half. Hard to keep track.

22004hollies550.jpg

Hollies
Pastel on Pastelbord, 8 x 10 inches

A variety of pastels, critiques always appreciated. Thanks.

Hooray for a beautiful jump start, Jo! The flowers are such a colorful pop against the wall. Very nice work with the trees in the background too - they are there but they are quiet. I hope this means your pastel box will be out again soon. :)

Donna T, your comments are appreciated .... always. Thank you.

Andy, thank you so much. Nice to see you.

It made a lovely painting and I love the way the little tree branch breaks up the straight line of the wall and sort of ties it all together. ❤️❤️

Wayne, thank you. You capture light so well, inspiring.

CaliAnn, thank you. Paint what you love, they say!

snoball, thank you for noticing the composition directions. I'm smiling.

Thanks for the likes, too.

Hours of work well worth the effort! Wonderful scene and the flowers are telling a story. :)

This is beautiful, Jo! Sorry I missed it until now. Those flowers are bright and lovely, and the gate and wall are charming. Sweet painting!

This is beautiful, Jo! Sorry I missed it until now. Those flowers are bright and lovely, and the gate and wall are charming. Sweet painting!
Terri, thank you so much. I like Hollyhocks and I like pastels.

Back