"High Place Idolatry"

bendykowski

I am new to this forum, and looking forward to sharing and seeing what others are doing. ~ Steve.
"High Place Idolatry" - 8 x 12 - Digital Print
Description: High on a high hill stands a weathered, textured, and rotting tree. A winding and sinister looking vine has grown out of the base of the tree and moves off to the left of the drawing. In the distance storm clouds have gathered and a strong thunderstorm can be seen drenching the valley below. As always, what it means is for you to determine.

2023-03-003, High Place Idolatry.jpg

Welcome to the forums Bendy! This is so original. I love it. Dark and cryptic, brooding, and excellently rendered. ❤️

Sinister is right. Good atmospheric effects. The stump is marvelous, the vine, doing it's thing, is creepy...You have dimensionality with light and shadow nicely marking the drying and deterioration. Nice piece. And, welcome!

Not sinister to me. The rite of life to seek the light, to look to the heavens, and wonder. Nice pice of artwork. I like your about me on your blog. It reflects the way I think a true artist can be an artist.

Welcome to the forums Bendykowski! And a great first post - I love the light, it's very dramatic. Looking forward to seeing more of your work 🙂

Also, not feeling sinister to me, rather feels like the crux of decision making. Not even sure why that speaks to me in that way. The technique is amazing. I’d love to see move!

The rotting stump has a life of its own, despite the efforts of the vine. The whole of the scene feels religious.
Anyway, welcome, Steve, and thanks for sharing your work!

Back